New here - Should I care about written specs?

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #21  
I would have made that a "general" statement based on the little information I gathered about Kubota (from the local dealer) while tractor shopping last year. I am not overly familiar with the line (I did not care for the local dealer at all or the price for what I wanted, so I went with Deere), so I'm certainly not stating something that would necessarily be "Fact". I have to defer to the product owners for much more substantial and accurate / up-to-date information.

As stated in my original post, it was based on what I recalled.

OK, just wondering as three of the four Kubotas I have bought had SSQA and like James it makes buying non brand specific attachments much easier.

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #22  
I would disagree with your generalization. The skid steer adapter is an industry standard when dealing with full size equipment.

I can go to any rental yard and rent any loader attachment without worries of will it attach to my L5030 FEL.

Bobcat has a contractors rental yard about 20 miles from me - their list of attachments makes me drool!!

I think that, if you go back and re-read the points from my original quote, you'll see that your reasons for disagreeing actually support what I stated.

SS implements are more abundant, but are typically much heavier than those build for CUTs. Lift capacity is reduced, and it's a pricey add-on to your tractor so that you can leverage it.

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #23  
meburdick said:
From what I recall, the only "quick attach" option for Kubota is if you use Skid Steer implements and get their SS plate adapter. You'd have to have a special plate welded to your stock bucket as well. It's a pretty pricey option that makes no sense to me as SS implements are typically heavier than CUT implements (reducing lifting capacity) and it's a lot of cost to add to the price of tractor just to HAVE a quick attach setup.

Deere's JDQA system works very well for me and is standardized within the product line. Anything that uses JDQA is interchangeable with anything else. Buckets, forks, and all different loaders.

I understand your thoughts on reducing lift capacity, but take a moment a review how many places rent JDQA equipped attachments. Then compare that to places that rent skid steer attachments.

My point was - I can find ANY attachment made and since I have the skid steer plate I can use it.

You made the GENERALIZATION towards all Kubotas. MY Kubota can handle ANY skid steer attachment. :) So I was disagreeing with your inclusion of all Kubotas. :)

/ New here - Should I care about written specs?
Kubota Tractor Corporation | B Series B3200HSD
BTW... I see you're near Teknion. I re-built that building, years ago. Brings back memories....

:D Gee ... Thanks ... one more viable one to look at. Not sure why the list price is less than the small B units but I will take a look.

Thanks for the insight. SSQA sounds like the most versatile choice. I really do not see "needing" more than 20 or so hp, so I am also looking at 25-30 to offset shortsightedness.

BTW: Teknion is not far. I am closer to the South Jersey Regional Airport but used to work around the corner from them.

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #25  
One of your listed intended uses is "Move Pallets Of Stone". No compact or sub-compact I know of will move a pallet of stone. A pallet of stone is heavy, very heavy. Another thing to consider when looking is can you buy "Pallet Forks" for the tractor you are looking at and does it have "Quick Attach" features for the bucket and pallet forks.

If you are going to move pallets of stone, you are looking at maybe an Kubota MX5100 or for even more lift capacity a Kioti DK40se or their equivalents in other brands.. I am not saying that the smaller tractors you listed are not useful, and Forks on these units can be usefull also, but you are not going to be moving any stone pallets with these. By the way, Skid Steer Quick Attach (SSQA) is one of the more usefully things to have on a tractor so that you may switch between bucket and forks, and grapple (if you can justify one) there is.

James K0UA

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #26  
When you have the pallets of stone delivered have the delivery person spot them where you need them. That is what I do for most jobs as proper staging and placement of the materials can save you lots of work. Most paver pallets such as what you would buy from a big box store average about 3500 lbs, cut stone such as flagstone can run up to 6,000 lbs. I don't recommend the purchase of a fel setup suitable for a single job. You can move a couple of layers at a time with forks or your bucket.

/ New here - Should I care about written specs?
Yes, I do not expect to move entire pallets as I can't justify the upsizing of the tractor to meet the demand for three years or so. I can split up heavier pallets and and move smaller loads at a time. Great advice. Thanks.

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #28  
Yes, I do not expect to move entire pallets as I can't justify the upsizing of the tractor to meet the demand for three years or so. I can split up heavier pallets and and move smaller loads at a time. Great advice. Thanks.

Good idea, I still recommend SSQA and a good set of forks, though. to move partial pallets, and for a million other things. Of course if you go John Deere, their proprietary attachment of bucket and forks is good too, it is just proprietary.

James K0UA

James K0UA

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #29  
If you are going to move pallets of stone, you are looking at maybe an Kubota MX5100 or for even more lift capacity a Kioti DK40se or their equivalents in other brands.. I am not saying that the smaller tractors you listed are not useful, and Forks on these units can be usefull also, but you are not going to be moving any stone pallets with these. By the way, Skid Steer Quick Attach (SSQA) is one of the more usefully things to have on a tractor so that you may switch between bucket and forks, and grapple (if you can justify one) there is.

James K0UA

The Kubota MX5100, Kioto DK40se, Deere 4x20 or Deere 110tlb are not near big enough to move full pallets of pavers.

/ New here - Should I care about written specs? #30  
The Kubota MX5100, Kioto DK40se, Deere 4x20 or Deere 110tlb are not near big enough to move full pallets of pavers.

Yeah, looks like maybe they would be doing good to move a half of a pallet.:ashamed:

James K0UA