New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy?

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #11  
Aranon
If you can, drive and work them both.
I've been on both, and they both are good. However, take note how fast the FEL works, lifts, and dumps. My experience, is the NH is noticably slower.
But that may not be important to you. At least try to test them equally under some usual operations of tractors and FEL's.
Your take may be different.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #12  
When i bought the 790 it came down to dealers. Sales dude at one acted like I was wasting his time plus he was arrogant to boot. Had it narrowed down to 3 comparable models of blue, orange, and green. Just so happens the green one had more power to size... for my usage. And a way friendlier sales atmosphere.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #13  
I would agree with MtnViewRanch, sit on both and see how they feel to you sitting in the seat and how the controls are located. Comfort is important when you spend hours at a time on the tractor.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #14  
the tt60a is 179 ci 3cyl.

the jd 5055e also appears to be 179ci as well. though they both seem to be rated within 1 hp of each other as well.

soundguy

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy?
Looked at both. Didn't drive them but sat on them. The Green One seems to be made a little heavier looked more sturdy.

Does anyone have either one of these so they could share their opinion?

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #16  
For the dollars I would suggest checking the Masseys. They just seem to be engineered better than the NH and cost less than the JDs.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #17  
Aranon,
I have heard turbo's provide more HP at higher altitude. Something to consider. Dave

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #18  
Aranon,
I have heard turbo's provide more HP at higher altitude. Something to consider. Dave

Hi Aranon, welcome to TBN, first I suggest you review about 400 previous threads on this topic. That being said you know you have again opened the color wars!!

Now you should fill out your profile in full ,including the area you live. This will have a bearing on turbo V. natural. If you are above 4,000 ft you should lean toward a turbo engine if at sea level natural is fine and cubic inches rule, more cubes more torque.

Next we need to know what you plan to do with unit. Lots of loader shuttle work, and you don't have a lot of experience with tractors and clutches, go hydro or if no hydro in size class available then you want power shuttle shift. Why have you picked 50hp range? was it to run a 10ft bush hog? or handle 2-3000lbs loads with the loader.
1.will you be moving 2000# big bales?
2.mowing with a 10ft BHog
3.running other PTO equipt like a small square baler 7-8ft snow blower?
4. who will be running most of time, wife ,kids etc?

What do you plan to spend? What other equipment will you buy initially?
Before you chooose a color I'd visit evrey dealer near you. Ask farmers and other owners why they chose a certain brand? Ask the dealers for references?
How helpful have the dealers been in helping you thru this decision making process? If they are working for you and your future business and not just todays sale then they will help you with this.

Lastly my advice is pick a dealer you are comfortable with and that comes recommended.
Even if you have to travel a bit farther or pay $1000 more, in the long haul it will be worth it, when oyu need service, warrenty work parts etc.

All the brands are good, look at Massey, Challenger, Agco, Kioti, IH, Mahindra, JD,NH and more.

Good luck and keep us posted, Joe48.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #19  
Really you'd should be asking yourself can i drive this tractor. Do i feel comfortable and safe using it when i need it the most. Also last but not least can it meet the job requirements that you need it to do? Thats what i looked for when i went shopping for one.

Good Luck:)

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy?
Thanks Joe48 but I was not really asking if Blue or Green in general was better, but two specific models that were pretty much alike. I could not find any post that compared these two models. Since they are popular, I thought several people would have had these two models and would let me know something good or bad about them that they liked or disliked. No one seems to own either one of these. I was wanting some history on them but to this day have not had any response.

I live North East of Dallas in BlackLand country. Right now its mushey all over here and have gotten two 2-wheel tractors stuck. I will probably pick up more than I should and will be pulling a 6ft mower cutting down 3" trees that sprung up all over the 35 acres I just bought. Lot's of Hackberry trees and hundreds of Honey Locus with 3 inch thorns. I hate them. Lost of ant hills too. I have to clean this all up and maintain it. Then I got 18 acres that I will round bail hay.

If anyone has any knowledge of these two models please advise. I have looked at other models and do not think Kioti would be as good a tractor as these two. I don't have a MF dealer near buy but will check on them again. They were higher when I first checked compared to the two I am looking at.