New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy?

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #41  
I recently participated in a ride n drive and drove both models. I think you made the right choice. One thing I noticed was the turning radius on the New Hollands was terrible. They claim a tight turning radius, but that is with the super steer axle. The other big difference is the NH brakes are mechanical, and the JD 5Es are hydraulic. That means no adjustments ever on the JD. I also thought the NH loader was a lot less capacity than the JD, but you aren't looking at the loaders.

The drivetrain in the Deere is the same one that they use to use in the 75 PTO HP models (90 engine), so it should be indestructible at 55 engine.

I thought the Kubotas were pretty similar to the Deere, but the NH wasn't even in the same class.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #42  
I recently participated in a ride n drive and drove both models. I think you made the right choice. One thing I noticed was the turning radius on the New Hollands was terrible. They claim a tight turning radius, but that is with the super steer axle. The other big difference is the NH brakes are mechanical, and the JD 5Es are hydraulic. That means no adjustments ever on the JD. I also thought the NH loader was a lot less capacity than the JD, but you aren't looking at the loaders.

The drivetrain in the Deere is the same one that they use to use in the 75 PTO HP models (90 engine), so it should be indestructible at 55 engine.

I thought the Kubotas were pretty similar to the Deere, but the NH wasn't even in the same class.
Welcome to TBN oldtractors! HE HE HE HE:D But the blue one is cheaper!:D HE HE HE HE!!!!!!! And the green one does turn sharp with the STANDARD axle! Grew up blue, then one day looked at other colors a while back and blue was loosen' ground with other makes quick. Can not stress importance of lookn' at all of the models available to you, brand/dealer loyalty be darned.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #43  
JD is horrible.................

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #44  

I guess you peddle New Holland - Right :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with the color blue, orange, red, yellow, grey, green or purple poka dots. The color should be chosen by the needs and expectations of the consumer.

Most success sales professional's understand that hacking at the competition is a lost oppourtunity with any customer.

You should learn to focus on the merits of your product and not discredit others in the process.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #45  
Whats really funny to me is his name...

jdbnh

To me that says John Deere Beats New Holland.

:D

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #47  
Oh, I forgot. I got John Deere little tractor lighted Christmas Tree lights to put on the Christmas Tree. I think there are a dozen little tractors. Try to find New Holland lights.
Aranon

Well you have convinced me, I guess I will sell my great NH TC-29 since I can't get Christmas tree lights with little NH tractors on them..Yep, makes good sense to me...

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #48  

jdbnh, You better watch out, your eyes might turn green with envy.:D:D:D

Aranon, congrats and be careful on that new machine. I came in late here but it sounds like you did your homework and got a good deal. I was going to offer that the dealer can be the difference in decisions like this. Don't just listen to them blab, look around for yourself at the parts department and shop. Of course everyone wants everything for free when at the dealership but its actually in the best interest to pay fair pricing so hopefully they thrive and you have a place for parts and service for the long haul.

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #49  
jdbnh, You better watch out, your eyes might turn green with envy.:D:D:D

........ its actually in the best interest to pay fair pricing so hopefully they thrive and you have a place for parts and service for the long haul.

Now that is some "sage" advice- :D Humm what color is sage ;)

/ New Holland or John Deere? Which one to buy? #50  
I also definitely agree that you made the right decision. Couple years ago we were also in the market for similiar size tractors and we looked at the TT-A series from NH. It was a very base machine and really had no options or features and lacked the syncronized shift between forward and reverse. We ended up buying a JD5205 and have never been happier with it's performance. The sync. shift is a must when using a loader and moving equipment around. And the service from JD is top notch and their parts aren't overpriced as some may like to say. And most important, at least in our area, there are alot more JD dealerships around and when you do need parts or service you can have them in a day.

Of course a salesman from NH would be talking up their own model, wouldn't expect any less.

Good luck with your tractor, maybe post some pictures of it.