new honda big red - xuv

/ new honda big red - xuv #11  
By the time they release that thing, the competition should be in the 1000+ cc V twin range and Honda in stepping in with a 675!?!? Hello Honda...(knock knock knock)...anyone home?

/ new honda big red - xuv #12  
they keep makeing the utv's bigger and bigger and you will just as soon go out and buy a small truck. you can have a 1000cc engine and put it next to a 500cc engine and if the 1000cc engine don't have the right tire and transmission combination that 500cc will walk all over it.to me cc's really don't mean nuthin. look at the hpx it has 617cc's and has 20hp and has a top speed of around 25mph and look at the rhino450 it has 421cc's and has 26hp and has a top speed of about 36mph(they say). then they have the small import cars little 4cylnders that will out run a v8 with 4 times the ci's on the track. it's not all in the engine. bigger is not always better.

/ new honda big red - xuv #13  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
they keep makeing the utv's bigger and bigger and you will just as soon go out and buy a small truck. you can have a 1000cc engine and put it next to a 500cc engine and if the 1000cc engine don't have the right tire and transmission combination that 500cc will walk all over it.to me cc's really don't mean nuthin. look at the hpx it has 617cc's and has 20hp and has a top speed of around 25mph and look at the rhino450 it has 421cc's and has 26hp and has a top speed of about 36mph(they say). then they have the small import cars little 4cylnders that will out run a v8 with 4 times the ci's on the track. it's not all in the engine. bigger is not always better.

I went by the Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki dealership this morning primarily to look for a two wheeler(easier to catch errant 4 wheelers) and took a look at the Mules and whatever the Yamaha is. Neat vehicles but I asked the salesman - looked to be a few years my junior - at those kinds of prices, $6K-$12K it would be hard for me to justify giving up my IH Scout. To which he commented can a Scout go offroad? I asked if he knew what a Scout was and he'd never heard of one or Internatiional Harvester - all I could think was man I'm I that old.

/ new honda big red - xuv #14  
If I were to invest in a side by side instead of an ATV, it has to be trail legal. The Rhino and RZR are, but how wide is the Honda?

My understanding is a Gator at 59" wide won't be allowed on some trails.

/ new honda big red - xuv #15  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:

I'm with you on that one tommy. Engine hp, let alone size, means nothing. It's all about how that power is used. Didn't someone say these things are going to go for about 5k ? I might have said this before but I think it will have a market. A honda for 5k that can do a lot would be worth it IMO.

/ new honda big red - xuv #16  
if honda comes out with this thing and they sell it in the 5k range with 675cc engine it will be a big seller. small enough to get into places and big enough to get out of places. the engine should be able to turn the tires really easy in the thickest mud. i don't think i would trade my hpx for it cause of the heavy hauling i do but i think the "little red riding hood" will do good in the woods /mud and just plain old trail riding.

/ new honda big red - xuv #17  
Agree, if I didn't have a UTV I would take a look at it. But I need my gator for heavy hauling.

/ new honda big red - xuv #18  
kude said:
If I were to invest in a side by side instead of an ATV, it has to be trail legal. The Rhino and RZR are, but how wide is the Honda?

My understanding is a Gator at 59" wide won't be allowed on some trails.

Depends on where the trails are- Rhinos aren't allowed on many trails either- the 4 USFS public trails in SC state a 50" width limit which lets out all of the UTVs, the Rhino is 54". Don't know if it is enforced, but that's what the rules say.

/ new honda big red - xuv #19  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
if honda comes out with this thing and they sell it in the 5k range ....

Does Honda sell anything for 5k? Jeepers, I just bought a CRF450 dirtbike last week and it was nearly 7k. The foreman 450 I bought 3 years ago was near 6k. I say double that 5k estimate.

/ new honda big red - xuv #20  
Skyco said:
Depends on where the trails are- Rhinos aren't allowed on many trails either- the 4 USFS public trails in SC state a 50" width limit which lets out all of the UTVs, the Rhino is 54". Don't know if it is enforced, but that's what the rules say.

The Polaris RZR is 50" and my Brister's Chuckwagon is 47" so they would both be legal for USFS trails.