new honda big red - xuv

/ new honda big red - xuv #32  
Tractors4u said:
Where is everyone getting this $5000 price tag. I haven't seen that listed officially anywhere. If anyone thinks that Honda is going to sell that machine for $5K they are fooling themselves. You can't get a Mule 610 for that price.

Like tommy said it was presented as a question for a reason. I didn't know.

/ new honda big red - xuv #33  
Better be prepared for $11K for the Big Red! This my best guess compared to the competition. Butt ugly, but I will wager the engineering and reliability will overcome styling issues. No belt, a true automatic transmission (actually a Rincon engine & drivetrain), EFI, and IRS. Now if they would throw in electric power steering, a lockable differential in the rear, and good instrumentation. Remember, what you see is a "prototype."

/ new honda big red - xuv #34  
I'll second the rear lockable/unlockable differential. That is my second biggest complaint on my Rhino- it will tear the fool out of a lawn if you turn since it isn't a true differential and is always locked.
My biggest Rhino complaint is reverse is way too high, you can head down a steep hill, decide you want to back up it and it won't. Said steep hill is steep enough if you try to turn around you will roll. Really stupid on Yamaha's part.:( The 2008 is supposed to have a lower reverse but I don't know how much lower. The originals actually have reverse as a higher gear than forward and low range can't be selected in reverse. IMO reverse should always be way lower than forward, I don't need to do 40 in reverse but I sure do need to back up hills sometimes and 10 in reverse would be plenty.