New Kubota - horsepower requirements and performance

/ New Kubota - horsepower requirements and performance #11  
I am years out of date. But the narrow "vineyard" tractors from Deere I had experience with in hilly Mendocino County had relatively small wheel rims and low diameter tires for stability. For that you gave up ground clearance, but ground clearance was never an issue in vineyard rows. I seem to remember the 100-horsepower, narrow vineyard tractors had 12" ground clearance.

Kubota offers those too but you have to step up to 100HP also and no cab.

/ New Kubota - horsepower requirements and performance #12  
Graysonh - yes understand the pto hp / atomizing droplet effect. As a kid we lived in & amongst large orchards. Never had any fungus growing on this kid - the orchardists were always spraying for something.

However - you would think, in this day and age, that modern technology could automatically adjust the equipment for such things as: change in available power, changes in ground speed and perhaps even more. Then again - maybe not.

/ New Kubota - horsepower requirements and performance #13  
...The rep from the sprayer company has assured me that as long as we hit 52, we're fine...
Sales Reps lie through their teeth... GET it in writing that 52 HP is enough... (So I didn't read anything else...)

Sorry we bought a $140K planter that could do "everything"... it doesn't do half what the sales rep. said. Be careful and get it all in writing.h

/ New Kubota - horsepower requirements and performance #14  
Kubota does offer the M-8540 HDNB which is an 85 horsepower narrow gear tractor!

/ New Kubota - horsepower requirements and performance #15  
Elevation may dictate higher hp requirement for the OP, as well. Some high country even in the foothills.

/ New Kubota - horsepower requirements and performance #16  
Have you considered a UTV and sprayer for the bed? Much easier to use. Mine only has a 100 gallon tank but you set the pump and away you go.

Unless you are wanting a newer tractor too. The kubota rtv-x1100c has a heated and cooled cab.

Brett

/ New Kubota - horsepower requirements and performance #17  
Elevation may dictate higher hp requirement for the OP, as well. Some high country even in the foothills.

M7060 is turbo-charged.

/ New Kubota - horsepower requirements and performance #18  
Perhaps this thread is relevant. This guy is running an open station tractor right in that size range you're talking about. You'd have the extra draw of the AC, plus the weight of the cab and heavier tractor working against you on hills. I think at some point he lists the specs of the sprayer, but I don't remember where exactly.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/379132-l6060-vs-mx5800.html

/ New Kubota - horsepower requirements and performance #20  
See a lot of these cabs in our area for the Hazelnut orchards.

Orchard Cabs | ExactCorp

Hard to use a UTV because the sprayer is 3 point with PTO, if Kubota would put a 3 point with PTO on the RTV series they would hit things out of the ballpark.

Gearmore Venturi Air Sprayer - YouTube

David

We got one that Goes in the bed. If I don't have to use my nearly 10-12k lb tractor I leave it in the shop. My sprayer has a little Honda motor and hums along spraying 40-50 psi consistent.

Brett