New L2501 advice needed

/ New L2501 advice needed #63  
I built a SSQA to 3pt adapter. But the reverse of what you are talking about. It let's me mount 3pt impliments to the loader. It was originally a mounting bracket for a snow plow. I just welded a Quick Hitch to a SSQA plate. It worked well for moving impliments at times. So after I sold the plow with my old L3200, I built another with some garage sale SSQA plate & QH. I don't use it much, but more than my ballast box.

I thought about making a 3pt to SSQA adapter so I could use the bucket or forks as a tool box platform or ballast on the back. While SSQA plates are cheap ($150ish for tinner ones a few years ago) the bit with levers are expensive ($500-1000 if I recall). I just put a few $5 auction toolboxes on a pallet & used that for my fencing junk on the forks on the loader.

A 3pt carry-all is only $200-300, or less on Craigslist. Basically lightvweight 3pt pallet forks. Likely to be cheaper than building or buying the SSQA adapter.

You also loose lift capacity with every adapter. Going from pin on to SSQA is a few hundred lbs less lift capacity (but worth it). A 3pt Quick Hitch cuts my lift capacity around 300lbs I think (but again worth it). Another adapter even further out probably drops things 400+ lbs & adds even more slop to the system. Likely not worth it.

/ New L2501 advice needed #64  
Found photos of the plow & moving a flail around. Also found pictures of a 3pt forklift I forgot about. Got it cheap off Craigslist. It was heavy & ate up most if my 3pt capacity without anything on the forks. I sold it as I didn't want to break my 3pt. It would lift far more than my 3pt would handle.

View attachment 834400View attachment 834399View attachment 834401View attachment 834402View attachment 834403
IMG_20151209_181048.jpg

/ New L2501 advice needed
Now your getting picky!
Creative, not picky! LOL

I want pallet forks for the SSQA loader. Need ballast.

Seems I could put same forks on back, load it for ballast?

I'm new at this, just thinking ;)

/ New L2501 advice needed #66  
Creative, not picky! LOL

I want pallet forks for the SSQA loader. Need ballast.

Seems I could put same forks on back, load it for ballast?

I'm new at this, just thinking ;)
If that’s what you want, it would be simpler to get SSQA pallet forks for loader and a carryall for 3ph.

/ New L2501 advice needed
So, now I have 2 implements to store? One adjustable, one, not so much?

I suppose that's an option.

Like the idea of FEL PF, do some welding.

I fail at seeing the advantages/disadvantage, being the simpleton I am.

/ New L2501 advice needed #68  
I have ssqa forks, and they get a lot of use. The mention of 3 point forks got me thinking that they would solve my current problem of needing to lift a shipping container a foot or so one end at a time. My fel forks won't quite cut it.

/ New L2501 advice needed #69  
   / New L2501 advice needed #70  
You are overthinking it. Buy the box bade, skip the quick hitch - done!