New L2501 advice needed

/ New L2501 advice needed #81  
I've ran about 600 hrs over the last 4 years mostly on my property which is all 15° to 20° slopes aside from a few level areas and roads I've graveled. Was scary at first out on the 30 rolling acres traversing sideways on contour but after a while you get used to how the tractor handles hills, L range HST and 4x4 are great. AG tires all the way out and filled.

My favorite add-on was the BH77, as the subframe alone adds good low ballast. The backhoe itself isn't very tall when mounted so it fees like the best counterbalance weight even on the hills, rivaled only by my 5' rollover box blade...I leave the backhoe on as much as possible, so handy for what I do around here and really stabilizes the machine for loader work.

Just used the tractor today to mount a 9 foot flatbed and had it hanging way out front...sure its aluminum but I was still impressed!

Hope you love the L2501 as much as I do, it's a Goldilocks IMO!

Attachments

• 20231203_155441.jpg
    20231203_155441.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 40
   / New L2501 advice needed #82  
Telescoping stabilizers would cost maybe $20 more to make than turnbuckles?

/ New L2501 advice needed #83  
I forgot to add in Kubota's mark up.

1701657469301.png

/ New L2501 advice needed
Experience will teach me, I'm so green.

Filled the ballast w/sand, not real easy figuring it out how to keep 5 yards of sand piled well after poking at it w/bucket, not to mention re-connecting to 3ph, what a ROYAL PAIN reconnecting after sitting on the ground weighing <fill in blank... 500lbs???>

After filling ballast, felt like the parking break was on, guess that's the idea ;)

/ New L2501 advice needed #85  
Experience will teach me, I'm so green.

Filled the ballast w/sand, not real easy figuring it out how to keep 5 yards of sand piled well after poking at it w/bucket, not to mention re-connecting to 3ph, what a ROYAL PAIN reconnecting after sitting on the ground weighing <fill in blank... 500lbs???>

After filling ballast, felt like the parking break was on, guess that's the idea ;)
Connecting 3ph implements. A few tips:
1. Be on the flattest ground available. Concrete is ideal.
2. Get a 6’ iron digging bar to use as leverage to nudge the implement around as needed when attaching.

/ New L2501 advice needed #88  
Correct most of the time, but if the ground isn’t perfectly level…
That's when I appreciate the hydraulic lift cylinder, or that the implement has side to side hydraulics.

Plus the extendable lift arm ends, of course. Those makes hooking things up easier no matter what.

/ New L2501 advice needed #89  
That's when I appreciate the hydraulic lift cylinder, or that the implement has side to side hydraulics.

Plus the extendable lift arm ends, of course. Those makes hooking things up easier no matter what.
I sure do appreciate the extendable lift arms on my MX, especially when I’m attaching heavy cat 2 implements. Most of the time it’s easy with those extendable links but my 6’ digging bar does get used occasionally when I fail to follow my own advice and detach it where the ground is somewhat unlevel.

Last edited: