New L3902HST Price

/ New L3902HST Price #31  
Interesting
It gets even more interesting when you eventually figure out that everything above that 20% discount was pure finance profit for the dealer. When you take the cash discount the dealer is only making around a 3% profit. Why do you think they are calling it ZERO PERCENT?

/ New L3902HST Price #32  
It gets even more interesting when you eventually figure out that everything above that 20% discount was pure finance profit for the dealer. When you take the cash discount the dealer is only making around a 3% profit. Why do you think they are calling it ZERO PERCENT?
I wasn’t in a position to withdraw $35k from my investment account, so I’m still happy to do the 6 year 0% interest deal.

/ New L3902HST Price #33  
I wasn’t in a position to withdraw $35k from my investment account, so I’m still happy to do the 6 year 0% interest deal.
And there's nothing wrong with that. As some have said here before, if you have that money in an investment making more then what you're losing or paying out in finance costs then it could make perfect sense to pay it. My only point is these dealers know full well that they are not giving the financing to you for nothing. The fact that they are implying they are tells you they don't want you to understand the real costs of it because if you did they would have competition from other lenders.

/ New L3902HST Price #34  
Good question. I'm not an expert on the MX series options/features, so forgive me if I am incorrect. Only briefly sat on my buddies MX5400. Perhaps things like:
  • Cruise control
  • Linked pedal
  • Fender mounted loader joystick
  • Standard rear remotes that aren't a $1500 option
  • A loader that comes with a bucket, and a cutting edge, etc
  • A seat with armrests
  • Not having a treadle pedal
You got a good price for your MX, but when I build a basic MX5400 ROPS w/ loader on the kubota site, it comes to over 43 THOUSAND dollars.

I have cruise control (standard)
Linked brake pedal? I have that.
My joystick works great.
If remotes were standard then MSRP would be higher.
How many brands offer cutting edge as standard? Bucket comes with tractor for a price and has holes to mount a cutting edge.
Don't care for armrests
Rather have treadle pedal instead of two pedals that have accelerator/brake position reverse of a car.

/ New L3902HST Price #35  
My joystick works great.
How many brands offer cutting edge as standard? Bucket comes with tractor for a price and has holes to mount a cutting edge.
Don't care for armrests
Rather have treadle pedal instead of two pedals that have accelerator/brake position reverse of a car.
That tractor has really nice hydraulics. The HST is premium all the way around. However, I have to say that you are in the minority when it comes to preferring the treadle pedal. Most prefer the twin touch pedals. But then again the servo valves on that tractor are super great so it's not hard at all to use that treadle pedal.... :unsure:

/ New L3902HST Price #36  
That tractor has really nice hydraulics. The HST is premium all the way around. However, I have to say that you are in the minority when it comes to preferring the treadle pedal. Most prefer the twin touch pedals. But then again the servo valves on that tractor are super great so it's not hard at all to use that treadle pedal.... :unsure:
If tractor mfgs would just put the brake and accelerator pedal just like in an automobile I would consider it.

/ New L3902HST Price #37  
If tractor mfgs would just put the brake and accelerator pedal just like in an automobile I would consider it.
Since you say that you prefer the treadle pedal I would like to take the opportunity to ask you why? I'm very curious to know that.

/ New L3902HST Price #38  
My joystick works great.
Don't care for armrests
Thanks. I meant linked pedal as in hydro linked to throttle/rpm - Drives like a car (revs up when you ask for more speed or power). But I don't use mine much, to be honest.
Remotes as standard making MSRP higher, sure. But that's part of my point; other manufacturers including it standard is certainly nice when the price point is already thousands lower.

Not sure what you mean about the relation of brake pedal to hydro-forward. I don't ever use my brake pedal, except to set the parking brake. It's not like the brake pedal activates reverse in a car? But yeah it does take a little getting used to reverse being outboard (on the right) of forward. It's better ergonomics for the 80% of driving that most of us do in the forward direction, I suppose.

/ New L3902HST Price #39  
Since you say that you prefer the treadle pedal I would like to take the opportunity to ask you why? I'm very curious to know that.
Very easy to operate and no confusion that the left pedal on other tractors is accelerator which is opposite of a car.

/ New L3902HST Price #40  
Very easy to operate and no confusion that the left pedal on other tractors is accelerator which is opposite of a car.
I guess to each his own. For me the twin touch pedals come naturally intuitive, I don't have to think about it. But then that's why they make different designs.