Backhoe New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #21  
The only issue is when hooking up the backhoe, is the hyd. lines are pressured up from static sitting. I have to take a wood dowel, place it on the female side of hose fitting and hit it with a hammer. That releases the pressure and making the hose connection is much easier after that. Going to install LED work lights this weekend.

I noticed this issue with my backhoe as well, so here is what I do now:
Try to angle the boom so that there is as little loading on it as you can get.
After detaching it from the tractor but before disconnecting the lines, I raise it up using the stabilizers and put two solid wood blocks on each side and a 3rd forward where the boom attaches.
Lower it down onto the blocks, and then move the boom so that it just touches that forward block.
Turn the tractor off and relieve all pressure from the backhoe, stabilizers, boom, everything. If you have the blocks set correctly it won't move much at all.
Don't draw the stabilizers up, leave them out.
Now disconnect your lines. The blocks are supporting all the weight and with the stabs out it won't tip over if you walk into it and it won't pressurize as they try to fall down.

Been using the method repeatedly and has worked everytime for there to be no pressure when reconnecting the lines.

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #22  
I noticed this issue with my backhoe as well, so here is what I do now:
Try to angle the boom so that there is as little loading on it as you can get.
After detaching it from the tractor but before disconnecting the lines, I raise it up using the stabilizers and put two solid wood blocks on each side and a 3rd forward where the boom attaches.
Lower it down onto the blocks, and then move the boom so that it just touches that forward block.
Turn the tractor off and relieve all pressure from the backhoe, stabilizers, boom, everything. If you have the blocks set correctly it won't move much at all.
Don't draw the stabilizers up, leave them out.
Now disconnect your lines. The blocks are supporting all the weight and with the stabs out it won't tip over if you walk into it and it won't pressurize as they try to fall down.

Been using the method repeatedly and has worked everytime for there to be no pressure when reconnecting the lines.

Great info, will give it a try.

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #23  
Naelr, how did you make out? Just got my 26xl a couple days ago. I haven't tried the backhoe yet, but my fel seems weak. It won't lift the front of my tractor off the ground so maybe I have the same problem? I just wanted to see what you found out and what other members think.

Thanks,
Dan

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #24  
I think Naeir an Fosters69 both have a problem, if your hoe or front end loader can't lift there tractor of the ground.

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #25  
I'm think I am going to have to agree at this point. Even at idle my emax25 can lift itself off the ground using the FEL, no problem, won't lift it using the BH though, need a little more RPM for that.

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #26  
It wouldn't be the first Max26 that we have seen with the hydraulic pressure a little low. 100-200 psi makes a huge difference. Ask your dealer to test the tractor. One good way to do it is to remove your bucket pivot pins, where the 1400 lbs. is actually rated, and temporarily install pins that are a couple inches longer. Hang a lifting loop or chain from the pins and lift a known 1400 lbs., or better yet use a pull scale. We have a hydraulic pull scale that we chain to a forklift as an anchor.

The problem with doing this at home is that most folks do not have a pull scale or a 1400 lb. object handy. A dealer should have or get a pull scale, they are the handiest thing.

When a tractor seems week on hydraulics, lifting capacity needs to be accurately quantified. Just like when a tractor seems low on power, we need a dyno. Turning subjective feelings into objective numbers gets things fixed.

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #27  
Well, I went to the dealer today and the fel problem is solved. Apparently when they installed the controls for the snowblower they pushed the control lever all the way up/back so the pump on the three point hitch was constantly running? I pushed it totally forward and problem solved.

So tried the backhoe on a fairly small bush. It got it but the fel worked better. I'm certain my horrible backhoe skills didn't help, but I thought it should have ripped right out so I'm not sure what to say about the backhoe.

Dan

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #28  
Well all, I have 14 hrs or so on the tractor. I guess if you want to cure a drought just buy a tractor and need to use it. Anyhow, I love it. The backhoe works great on rocks, and with the thumb I have moved trees that are 18 or more in diameter and about 10 to 12 ft. long. I hope Naesir made out ok. How did you make out? Thanks for all the help members!

Dan

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #29  
With relief pressure set to the factory spec, plus about 5-10% more, the loader and BH will be very well matched for a 3,000 LB machine.

Loader has plenty of lift, but the bucket the curl cylinders are scrawny.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...581-here-my-2013-mahindra-max.html?highlight=

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-max28xll-98-lb-weakling-main.html?highlight=

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...loader-curl-possible-solution.html?highlight=

Just don't use the machine as a battering ram. turning up the pressure a bit should not hurt.

The gussets and pin size on the new curved beam style Max 26 Loader are less beefy than the old ML205 loader on my Max28.
For Max26 owners with curved beam loaders, upgrading the curl cylinders from 35mm bore to 1.5" Bore cylinders with 3/4" Pins should not be that hard to source.

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #30  
Well, I went to the dealer today and the fel problem is solved. Apparently when they installed the controls for the snowblower they pushed the control lever all the way up/back so the pump on the three point hitch was constantly running? I pushed it totally forward and problem solved.

Dan

Try adjusting the stops so the 3 PT is not at its absolute max height. The flow to the 3pt cylinder should stop once the 3 Pt comes to its set height.