Backhoe New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #31  
Thanks Mike, I will definitely read through the threads. I would be curious, are the hydraulics not real smooth on this machine overall? Ya, I know only 13 hours and a rookie operator, but I try to feather and they still seem kind of jerky. I probably just need more practice, but they still seem really touchy. Not much for forgiveness.

Appreciated,
Dan

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #32  
Yeah.
I've got thousands of hours on equipment, and nice as the Little Max28 is, smooth progressive hydraulic control it is not.

I hated the loader joy stick feel at first, but I've gotten used to it. I've use other brand small back hoes, and could barely run them, as they are pretty crude in the controls department, yet can pick up a Coke can with my excavator and not burst it. Never ran a Mahindra hoe however.
I suspect the new heavy equipment pilot controls are really super precise.

Last edited:
   / New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #33  
Ok, I feel a little better now. I still need a lot of work though. I'm not smart enough to modify it like you, but you are definitely working your machine harder than I am now. I got the driveway somewhat smoothed out and a bunch of rocks out of it. Now I have to figure out how to take off the backhoe, set up the 3 pt hitch and put on the snowblower. Anyone have any tips? I'm afraid I'm living on borrowed time.

Dan

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #34  
I had the same problem with the hydraulics building pressure when stored and the backhoe settling and lowering. I bought a cheap set of auto jack stands to put under each side of the backhoe frame in the front, and put a block of wood under the rear end of it. With the dipper and bucket straight and flat it doesn't settle over time and the hydraulics are much easier to hook back up.

/ New Mahindra owner with a backhoe question #35  
Ok, I feel a little better now. I still need a lot of work though. I'm not smart enough to modify it like you, but you are definitely working your machine harder than I am now. I got the driveway somewhat smoothed out and a bunch of rocks out of it. Now I have to figure out how to take off the backhoe, set up the 3 pt hitch and put on the snowblower. Anyone have any tips? I'm afraid I'm living on borrowed time.

Dan

I found that building a dolly for the backhoe makes taking it off and getting back on a whole lot easier. Well at least the getting it back on part. It's a lot easier to position the backhoe on casters than it is to position the tractor to the hoe that's laying on the ground.