New measurement method for liquid ballast tire fill percentage

/ New measurement method for liquid ballast tire fill percentage #22  
Maybe, if youæ±*e technology challenged. But I値l bet you wasted more time on that last post, than I spent snapping those two photos with this small handheld thermal camera.

Yeah but how long have you spent trying to decide what to load your tires with, or whether to load them at all??? :D

/ New measurement method for liquid ballast tire fill percentage #23  
I guess I am missing something. But why not just put the valve stem to the 12 o'clock position and fill to that point?

That is about 75% more or less.

Guess there may be reasons to do less, but none in my neck of the woods...:)

/ New measurement method for liquid ballast tire fill percentage #24  
Henro, That's how I filled mine....but whenever I try to check the air pressure of tire (having valve stem at 12:00 again) I get nothing but water out of the stem? Ruined a gauge or two before I realized it. Still at 12:00 and try to release air to clear out water and no luck, Only air/water continues to come out valve stem. Does water expand? I'm sure I stopped filling once the water reached the valve stem and began to come out. I figured that would give me about a 25% area for air and 75% weight to tire. But I never truly know how much air is in the tires as I cannot check them. Should only need 10 or 12 lbs but would be nice to be able to check without draining water back out. Am I missing something here? Thanks, Greg

/ New measurement method for liquid ballast tire fill percentage #25  
Jack the tire off the ground before you try to drain the liquid down to valve level.

/ New measurement method for liquid ballast tire fill percentage #26  
Rick, Ahhh...why didn't I think of that "simple" solution!!! Thanks for the "Great" simple suggestion!!! Now that I think far back as to filling them, I did have each tire jacked up when filling. Dah...on me! Thanks.

/ New measurement method for liquid ballast tire fill percentage #27  
LOL, I just verified my invoice and the tire shop swears that they filled to 75% and I don't care to verify unless I flip my tractor.

/ New measurement method for liquid ballast tire fill percentage #28  
Yet another great use for a FLIR camera; seeing other people痴 new applications helps me envision other uses. Sometimes it is simply about continuous learning.

/ New measurement method for liquid ballast tire fill percentage #30  
:eek::eek:Throw that propane tank on the grill for a few minutes to warm it up Mikester !:eek: