New NS4710C HST

/ New NS4710C HST #21  
Very nice; if I may, what about the NS caught your eye over the NX?
I went through the same process and did a lot of research. While better optioned, I decided against the NX since all the bells & whistles and associated electronics tend to make it less reliable. It's a bit hit or miss from reading the reviews on those machines. The NS series is more analogue/mechanical and as such more reliable. Time will tell.

/ New NS4710C HST #23  
I went through the same process and did a lot of research. While better optioned, I decided against the NX since all the bells & whistles and associated electronics tend to make it less reliable. It's a bit hit or miss from reading the reviews on those machines. The NS series is more analogue/mechanical and as such more reliable. Time will tell.

That's the impression I've got from looking at the NX and NS, myself. What I'm just not seeing, looking at them side by side, where the NX keeps it's roughly 500 pounds of extra girth.

They're both real nice, but I think if I were looking between them I'd fall into the NS camp myself. Relative simplicity is why I went with the 2610 over the other CK series machines.

/ New NS4710C HST #24  
The NS is probably the best model they sell. Hard to find. The NX has had issues with the fancier HST transmission and electronics, even resulting in a band aid fix from the dealer. The dealers I’ve spoken to have agreed the NS is a better unit than the NX… it’s a more soundly built, simple unit. Very nice

/ New NS4710C HST
Thanks for the continued replies. I’ve spent a busy few weeks continuing to expand my orange collection. :)

Traded in a bunch of implements that were either too small, too large, or just old and unused. Also traded a 12’ extra utility trailer (had 3 trailers). Garnered enough credit to pick up some newer gear that better fits the tractors 6’ width.

Outgoing trade items that included a 5’ JD MX5 rotary cutter, a 5’ Frontier BB5060 box blade, a 7’ Leinbach Line harrow as well as an older 5‘ harrow, and some other older items.
IMG_4681.jpeg

Picked up these replacements:

A 6’ Bad Boy box blade. It’s built with a different design but honestly appears to be about equally built to the Frontier that I traded in. However, it will reach to the edge of my tire track. It hadn’t been fished out and assembled in this photo.
IMG_4566.jpeg

A 6’ Bad Boy rotary mower. It’s considered a heavier duty build than their smaller ones, but it’s no where near as heavily built as the MX5. However, for my usage its more than adequate and it reaches to the width of my tires for easier cutting along edges.
IMG_4652.jpeg

A Kioti DH2064 harrow. It’s just shy of my 6’ tire track but for where and how I use a harrow this was a better fit size wise and weight wise than that 7’ Leinbach Line beast that was traded. It weighed so much that it even gave our prior JD 5045 a handful to carry and pull.
IMG_4654.jpeg

Also picked up a used Woods RT72.40 separately from the trade items above. Prior owner claimed it was unused which was a little bit of a stretch. It had some scratches on it that were touched up and the cutting edge of the tines showed some use, but it doesn’t appear to have been used much. It’s not quite orange, but it’s close. LOL
IMG_4624.jpeg

IMG_4623.jpeg

I put a little dirt on it giving it a try out.
IMG_4700.jpeg

I added a chain box and have a tool box for the other side from the same company on back order.
IMG_4686.jpeg

And got the rear second port and front 3rd function installed so now my hydraulic top link and grapple are operational.
IMG_4698.jpeg

IMG_4650.jpeg

Last edited:
   / New NS4710C HST
And last up for right now, I traded in my 2021 Polaris Ranger single seater for a 2023 Kioti K9 2440 double seater. Big change going from a peppy 60hp gas engine to a slow, sluggish 24hp diesel engine. LOL. But, I like having it share the diesel with the two tractors, and I like being able to bring my family along when riding. We don’t go off property and don’t do trail rides, so other than riding around our own property it is primarily a work vehicle. In this case, the diesel should not be a big deal. We will see how it goes long term and as I adjust. Don’t see me wanting to change again until I‘m ready to downsize back to a single seater but then it will be one with a cab. Time will tell.

IMG_4732.jpeg

This was the pic at the dealer. They swapped the tires over for me.
IMG_2445.png

Outgoing Ranger - Nice ride but only seats 3. Never liked the plastic bed though. Always felt it was geared primarily for trail riding and powersports type use and work was a secondary thought but I know that’s not entirely true.
71889771582__B9122ACD-5C44-41DD-90B1-2B3FAE807D4D.jpeg

And the K9 2440 in its place as replacement. I have some side mirrors on order and I kept my rigid front/rear lights from the ranger that will get installed on the K9. Will wait to use it a bit before adding too much more. Not even sure I’m going to add a winch because I never really needed the one on the ranger on our property.
IMG_4735.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / New NS4710C HST #27  
I often hear, so&so got himself a hot rod or new wife for his midlife crisis. Not often you see where one gets all new play things for yard work. 😋

/ New NS4710C HST #28  
   / New NS4710C HST
No clue on the second remote. I ended up letting the dealer install both the rear port and 3rd function. They picked up one week and returned it the following week. Was a very long week. LOL

/ New NS4710C HST #30  
wow lots of nice stuff someone must have won the lottery . ha ha, enjoy all the cool tools.