New rechargeable work light

/ New rechargeable work light #71  
I have a pair of the HF ones. They both take a 21650 Li Ion battery and HF uses the Samsung cell. Work fine, mag base and double as a flash light too but then being an HF junkie why buy anything else? They even survive the Torque Channel's drop test.

/ New rechargeable work light
A couple years ago my wife bought me some off brand Makita type batteries. They work, but don't last very long on my tools. The only thing they are good for is my Makita radio, and my Makita flashlight. They seem to last all day in those two things.
The project farm guy did test a bunch of them and rated them for many things including battery capacities. The aftermarkets ones that did the best is what I'll get next.

/ New rechargeable work light #74  
A couple years ago my wife bought me some off brand Makita type batteries. They work, but don't last very long on my tools. The only thing they are good for is my Makita radio, and my Makita flashlight. They seem to last all day in those two things.

I bought some aftermarket Makita batteries and some more aftermarket Dewalt batteries. They’re all crap. I wait for holiday sales and I buy OEM batteries now.

/ New rechargeable work light
I bought some aftermarket Makita batteries and some more aftermarket Dewalt batteries. They’re all crap. I wait for holiday sales and I buy OEM batteries now.
New thread? I've been using aftermarket for years for my Makia's.

/ New rechargeable work light #76  
There's a drawer full of knives and small LED flashlights. all except my Sunday AM light are non-rechargeable. Out of all of the little flashlights the Streamlight Microstream below is my absolute favorite, and is always with me. We always have a good stock of Duracell batteries thanks to Costco. The clip allows it to be attached to the bill of a hat. For worklights I have the ones linked below:
Santa gave me one of those that are rechargeable. It sure is bright for a little fella.

/ New rechargeable work light #77  
So me being me bought a few DeWalt 20 volt knock off lights left battery in one while I departed for Xmas vacation. Got back battery completely drained and won't take a charge anymore. It was a genuine DeWalt battery I fried more expensive than cordless light I bought. Buyer beware remove batteries or at least I will now.

/ New rechargeable work light #78  
So me being me bought a few DeWalt 20 volt knock off lights left battery in one while I departed for Xmas vacation. Got back battery completely drained and won't take a charge anymore. It was a genuine DeWalt battery I fried more expensive than cordless light I bought. Buyer beware remove batteries or at least I will now.
JJust curious. Was it a 4AH DeWalt battery?

/ New rechargeable work light #79  
I prefer HF LED lights myself and HF LED's use Samsung cells too. Much cheaper than the others, I have a couple. I don't believe in paying for any brand just because of the brand name.

/ New rechargeable work light #80  
JJust curious. Was it a 4AH DeWalt battery?
No fortunately it was a small 2 ah battery I suspect because the light had a USB port to plug a cord in to charge a phone etc it had a parasitic drain. In any case it was the first DeWalt 20 volt lithium ion battery I killed. None of my genuine DeWalt tools have any drain unless I leave a battery on a 18-20volt adapter.