New rechargeable work light

/ New rechargeable work light #81  
If you already have battery tools, it makes sense to buy a light of the same brand, so you can interchange batteries.

/ New rechargeable work light #82  
With DeWalt tools, the low voltage cutoff circuit is located in the tool, not the battery. Many knock off tools do not have this LVC and can damage the battery by over discharging.

/ New rechargeable work light #83  
I prefer HF LED lights myself and HF LED's use Samsung cells too. Much cheaper than the others, I have a couple. I don't believe in paying for any brand just because of the brand name.
X2. Why use up some of the limited cycles on my cordless tool batteries running a light when I can get a cheap rechargeable light and cycle that instead. It's a whole lot cheaper to replace those batteries - or the whole light - when it finally dies.

/ New rechargeable work light #84  
With DeWalt tools, the low voltage cutoff circuit is located in the tool, not the battery. Many knock off tools do not have this LVC and can damage the battery by over discharging.
Yeah I've left partially charged batteries in multiple DeWalt brand tools for extended periods never lost a charge unless I was using the DeWalt 18-20 volt adapters. I'll say the light was definitely off, nothing plugged in to usb port and battery had charge when I left. I just have to remember to remove batteries from cheap knock offs now on.

/ New rechargeable work light #85  
I figure I'm paying one way or the other.

The flashlights that use regular batteries eat them like candy and lack the output of the ones that have lith-ion cells. The flashlights themselves cost about as much as buying a refurb cordless tool light like the $20 Ryobi that has a good output of light. Direct Tools Outlet Site The Ryobi batteries are reasonably priced, easy to recharge, and seem to last a long time.

The Dewalt lights and batteries seem to me to cost a lot more to me compared to Ryobi, but then there is the convenience of only dealing with one brand of batteries and charger if you are already invested in one particular brand of rechargeable tools.

/ New rechargeable work light #86  
X2. Why use up some of the limited cycles on my cordless tool batteries running a light when I can get a cheap rechargeable light and cycle that instead. It's a whole lot cheaper to replace those batteries - or the whole light - when it finally dies.
This is a valid point and certainly worth consideration, depending on how you use your cordless tools. It was more of a problem with the old NiCd batteries though. Newer lithium tool batteries are capable of 500 or more charge cycles, depending on how the battery is treated.

You should also be aware of how that cycle# rating works. After the 500 charge cycle limit is reached, the battery doesn't die completely. It still has 80% of it's original capacity rating and is still useable.

Unless you're a contractor, most homeowners don't recharge their tool batteries that often. Most loose their capacity due to old age before the number of cycles kills them. My work lights use so little wattage, that I don't recharge unless I leave them on for more than 5 or 6 hours. I'll use up the remaining charge in another tool before recharging.

Again, it all depends on how you use your cordless tools.

/ New rechargeable work light #87  
Yeah I've left partially charged batteries in multiple DeWalt brand tools for extended periods never lost a charge unless I was using the DeWalt 18-20 volt adapters. I'll say the light was definitely off, nothing plugged in to usb port and battery had charge when I left. I just have to remember to remove batteries from cheap knock offs now on.
Yeah, I have one of those DeWalt USB adapters. Even though the light is off, and nothing is plugged in, the USB circuit still draws a small amount of power. Eventually, it will kill the battery

/ New rechargeable work light #88  
This is what I have:
I needed something to light up a whole room and this does quite well.
I stlll need to add a pipe and hooks and magnetic base, but it shouldn't be hard.

Using it in the double garage right now for when I need to shut down power to move outlets. Lights up the whole garage and get good detailed light in whole corners to do wiring and drill work.

I have also used under the car working on brakes.

But don't look directly at the light if you want to be able to see anything for a while.

Only wish is that the top/bottom angles were different to make it easier to angle the light.

It is quite large for getting into tight spaces.

/ New rechargeable work light #89  
Okay here's the culprit buyers beware. My cheap DeWalt knockoffs to the right of it didn't lose charge and have no USB ports I'll pull batteries anyway though. As I get older I've never appreciated work lights on projects as much as I do these days lol.

Attachments

• KIMG2343.JPG
    KIMG2343.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • KIMG2341.JPG
    KIMG2341.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
   / New rechargeable work light #90  
I got this DeWalt tripod light as a gift a few years back:

51AYl8tzFaL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

It's big, bulky and quite expensive. I never would have purchased it on my own. I do use it though. It comes in handy in the out buildings without power and on outdoor jobsites at night. Lights up the whole area.