New shop/garage

/ New shop/garage #21  
WOW... and I was impressed with just the tractors.:laughing:

Very, very nice.:thumbsup:

/ New shop/garage #22  
With all that insulation you sure you didn't built a meat locker? You could keep the whole building heated with a candle and a cold beer will keep the building cool in the summer.

I thought I was the only insulation freak on the planet.

I love insulation for temps AND to keep noise in and or out.

/ New shop/garage #23  
Fantastic shop and I thank you for putting in the thumbnails rather than large photos.
That way we who are stuck with dial up can load the page quickly and just pull up the photos we want to look at. Many times when a thread has large photos, I don't even bother to look at it because it might take a half hour or more to load.

/ New shop/garage #24  
Thanks for posting. I'm loving it. Will you ever cover any of the insulation to look smooth like the garage doors do?

/ New shop/garage #25  
I have serious shop envy. That is about the perfect layout and size for me when I build my new house and shop on my land. I don't think I could justify the 2"x8" 12" on center construction and will probably build mine pole barn style but with vinyl siding. I think your size would be nearly perfect for me though, and I am totally digging the pit too. I would like to put a lift into my future shop but could seriously get by with a pit for a while and put in a lift in the future as funds allowed. I would love to insulate my future shop in the same fashion as well as I'll bet that baby keeps the heat in nicely in the winter. Congratulations on an absolutely awesome shop.

/ New shop/garage #26  
All I can say is WOW!

/ New shop/garage #27  
Looks like you put a lot of thought into your shop before construction even started. Nice job!

/ New shop/garage #28  
I think your size would be nearly perfect for me though, and I am totally digging the pit too. I would like to put a lift into my future shop but could seriously get by with a pit for a while and put in a lift in the future as funds allowed.

Not knowing exactly what kind of lift you'd want to install; but I'm really wondering if a pit would be cheaper than a lift when one factors in proper excavation, forming, rebar work, concrete work, pit covers when not in use, and some sort of drainage system. After all, you don't want an indoor swimming pool in your shop. :)

/ New shop/garage
Thanks for all the replys, Im glad everyone thinks I did a good job planing it out. The insulation is working out great, I put my 10*F frozen 135C excavator in a week back and in 8 hours it was up to 70*F, once the door was shut you would have never known there was 30,000 lbs of ice cold steel in there.
As for the wall on the inside they will soon be all covered with steel siding, I will get some pictures up soon.
The pit has worked out great, When I dug the hole for the frost walls I dug one big hole and the floor of the pit is only8-10 inches below the wall footings. The pit floor was poured at the same time as the footings and the the walls were all poured second, back filled and compacted then the 9-10 inch floor was poured over the top of the pit to lock it all together. In the floor of the pit I have a 5 gallon pail in the concrete for a sump pump. I want to be able to pump it out. That way if I ever have an oil spill it wont be getting in my ground water.
I have built a small bridge crane on wheels to remove the pit lids.