New shop/garage

/ New shop/garage
Heat and water system. I dug a well at the same time we put in the frost walls and hit water at 8 feet and dug a total of 12, back filled the tiles with all the stone I screened out of my back fill. Pumped it out several times and got well over 1000 gallons.
Pit lid is all done, 2x2x1/4 inch square tube and 1/4 inch plate.
more photos to come when the walls are all done in a week or so.

Attachments

• a23.jpg
    a23.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 500
  • a26.jpg
    a26.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 582
  • a25.jpg
    a25.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 491
   / New shop/garage
This is the bottom of the pit lids, ment to put it in the last post but it got messed up. :confused2:

Attachments

• a25.jpg
    a25.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 358
   / New shop/garage #13  
What a great shop... how big is it and what do you plan to heat it with?

/ New shop/garage #14  
Holy smokes, what a 'fortress'. :eek: :thumbsup:

It's looks awesome, but why so heavy duty ? (12" centers), weather related ?

/ New shop/garage
40X46. Heated off my outdoor wood boiler.

Its built heavy because the slope of the roof was low and snow may not slide off well so the engineer that did the steel work said to frame it heavy.
Rather be over built than under built.

/ New shop/garage #17  
All I can say is WOW! That building is not going anywhere anytime soon and you could work in there in a T-shirt all Winter. Very Impressive. I just scoped out those snow moving machines you have too. I cant pick my jaw up off the floor.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D:drool:

/ New shop/garage #19  
40X46. Heated off my outdoor wood boiler.

Its built heavy because the slope of the roof was low and snow may not slide off well so the engineer that did the steel work said to frame it heavy.
Rather be over built than under built.

Definitely something to be proud of... heck... it's not even mine and I'm proud of it!

/ New shop/garage #20  
Good Lord, what a shop building and the 12" on-center framing would scare away a Texas twister.

Congratulations on being able to live your dream.