New shop/garage

/ New shop/garage #41  
I am in awe as everyone; a very nice shop! I hesitate to ask about such a small detail as I dont think my shop is in the same league as yours. However I am curious about your ceiling fans. Which ones are they and how are they controlled (individually? variable?). I am developing my fan plan in preparation for finishing the ceiling and would like some input on layout/control. Thanks for your advice and again great shop and i love the pull out welding table.

/ New shop/garage #42  
I am impressed by your lighting and windows too. Hope this gives motivation to those who would just build an iron frame and "skin" it.

/ New shop/garage #43  
Very nice shop, well thought out. Whats the reason for covered outlets?

/ New shop/garage
Been a while since I was in last.
I heard pits could fill with fumes but I wanted the pit bad enough to take the chance, no problems yet, even when it has been covred for months at a time I still dont smell any fumes/gasses.
As for the ceiling fans, I dont know the brand but they are on the same variable speed controler, seem to be working well so far.
I used outdoor outlet covers so I can wash a tractor or truck inside and not have to worry about overspry and get shocked.

/ New shop/garage
Some of the work that got done this winter/spring
Added two shelves in the back corners of each side bay 14'X8' framed with 3/8"X3"X8" channel iron with 3/8"X3"X5" angle iron floor stringers floor is 1/8" expanded steel sheet.
Lagged it to the wall with (2) 6" lags in each wall stud. One 2"X2" post against the wall from the bottom of the shelf to the floor and one post from the main shop I beam frame to the shelf. No posts are out in the floor to get in the way.
One shelf had my X728 lawn tractor a Yamaha Grizzly ATV and two motorcycles the other shelf has two ATVs the hot water heater and smaller shelves to store all the filters to the tractors and other equipment.

Attachments

• DSC00200.jpg
    DSC00200.jpg
    885.5 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC00201.jpg
    DSC00201.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC00204.jpg
    DSC00204.jpg
    894.3 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00202.jpg
    DSC00202.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC00203.jpg
    DSC00203.jpg
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 267
   / New shop/garage
The outside is done just have to do the final paint.

Attachments

• DSC00206.jpg
    DSC00206.jpg
    975.5 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC00208.jpg
    DSC00208.jpg
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 218