New shop started

/ New shop started #611  
I don't ever remember seeing a red fire ant mound.
Fire ants seem to be everywhere and mounds in every soil can be found in the areas where they are active. Our iron ore red clay soil in East Texas has plenty of fire ants in it so does the black land east of I35 in central Texas and the rocky limestone crust West of I35. Now, in the hard, rocky soil they seem to go deeper and they are only really visible after deep rains drive them to the surfaces.

We have gotten so used to them that we don't notice them as much as we used to.

/ New shop started #613  
One thing, I haven’t had the pleasure of experiencing

Fire ants
Fireants.jpg

They are on their way. Just haven't reached you yet.

/ New shop started #616  
Fire ants are very common on my place. Never walk in the grass barefoot. Never stand still without looking closely where you are standing!!! I think the grass is the scariest thing ever.

During Covid I discovered that Hand Sanitizer works great on fire ant bites. I guess it dries it out, but however it works, it's my go to solution to being bit by them.

/ New shop started #617  
I started noticing them in Middle TN alongside the roads in Middle TN about 2 years ago. I started noticing a few hills on my farm this past year.

/ New shop started #619  
During Covid I discovered that Hand Sanitizer works great on fire ant bites. I guess it dries it out, but however it works, it's my go to solution to being bit by them.
What I found good for FA bites and even poison ivy is old time Bactine.

/ New shop started #620  
They kill boll weevils and ticks are no longer a big problem down here, compared to when I was a kid. About the only good thing I can report.
Those two are pretty big things! And you’re right - bright side to everything.