/ New shop started
Oil changed
New check valve(s) installed

Back up and running

/ New shop started #632  
Oil changed
New check valve(s) installed

Back up and running
That's good. I bet you had some anxious moments watching that pressure gauge, as it worked up to the shutoff point, eh?

/ New shop started #633  
I need to figure out what sort of timer would control 220v, 30??amp

@plastikosmd - I've installed a few different versions of timers / remotes for my brothers shop -

Both used 2-pole 240V 40 Amp Contactors with 120v coils (similar to this Contactor). Then for the timer circuit I just used a 120v 2hr - 12hr push button timer (similar to this Timer) to control the Contactor. Basically press the timer button from 2 - 12hr it energizes the coil in the Contactor & the compressor is only powered for that amount of time.

His other compressor is installed in a separate room so for that one I used the same contactor with a wireless remote switch / relay (similar to this wireless unit) to control the Contactor. So, this does not have the timer feature like above but we installed the remote switch right next to the light switches in his shop, so it easy to remember & he has control over the unit without walking all the way around the shop (Bonus was I didn't have to run any additional wire:))

Oh, I know they say the wireless units are rated for 30Amps but I was more worried about the start-up inrush amps the compressor required, so for the couple of dollars the Contactor cost, I felt it was worth it.

/ New shop started #634  
Although it would not address a ruptured relief valve on the compressor, I installed a shutoff solenoid valve in the air line off the compressor. It is "opened" when I turn on the shop lights. It shuts down my air system when I leave the building.

I have never been a fan of using a breaker as a "switch", especially if the compressor starts immediately upon contact closure as that is creating an arc in the breaker which, to my knowledge, it was not designed to do.

/ New shop started #635  
I have never been a fan of using a breaker as a "switch", especially if the compressor starts immediately upon contact closure as that is creating an arc in the breaker which, to my knowledge, it was not designed to do.
My electrician told me breakers that I have are switch rated. Did not ask about 220v breakers though. We wired 2 circuits on the ceiling for lighting strings, and use the breaker to control them. Jon

/ New shop started
That's good. I bet you had some anxious moments watching that pressure gauge, as it worked up to the shutoff point, eh?

I stood outside the room it is in, lol

Thx guys, dlctcg = that may work for me

Thk u

/ New shop started #640  
I wasn't expecting that. So you have your 240 line going into the box. Is there just one 240 line? What does the 120 line do? The more I look at it, the more confused I get.