New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ??

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #31  
We bought our 77" Sony from Costco about 2 years ago because their model was identical to other retailers but had a better backlit remote and was a better price.

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #32  
Dont buy a Samsung. They fall apart.

We had a 60 inch that was a gift. Every 2 years I had to take it apart and replace the led arrays for the back light. 3rd time I had to do it, I accidentally cracked the edge of the screen.

Meanwhile we have a 15 year old visio still kicking and their suppose to be the cheapo Walmart brand

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #33  
For soundbars and rear speaker(s) we went with Sonos 5 years ago and while they are a bit more $ they play well together.

When we built a patio room last year i bought used Playbar and Move (portable speaker you can sit behind/near you).

You can find a Sonos playbar for $200 and Sonos move speaker for $200 and that would work well for your setup.

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ??
image-2024-03-09-08:01:28-554.jpg

Someone asked why I didnt buy at walmart. I looked. They didn’t have what I wanted. I could have chosen any tv that was a good size and I’m sure I would have been happy. But as I did some research about whats available, I found some things I liked more than others. I wanted 120 hz refresh rate with some acceleration capability. Bright enough for this room. Big enough to see easily across the room (40 feet). TV isnt a necessity to me. It is a luxury item that I enjoy in small doses.

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #35  
And I think there is a way to set up so I can have some images and videos run as a screen saver mode. Something My wife has asked about. Kind of like a digital picture frame.

Just put your pics on a flash drive and plug that in to your TV. You can set it up to play as a slide show. As far as videos - be aware there are multiple "codecs" that video uses and they are not compatible. I was not happy when I found that all the GoPro videos I shot would not play on my new Sony. Depending on what you used to record your videos you may need to run them through video "converter" software that will convert the video to play on a Sony TV.

If you have, like I do, old video shot on VHS or 8mm tapes, you'll be dismayed at how awful they look on your new big screen. We've all been spoiled because of how good, how sharp and clear, the new digital video (like from my GoPro or my digital cameras) is.

/ New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #36  
Meanwhile we have a 15 year old visio still kicking and their suppose to be the cheapo Walmart brand
+1 on the Vizio. Mine's not quite that old, but it's probably close to 10 and still works just fine.
Big enough to see easily across the room (40 feet). TV isnt a necessity to me. It is a luxury item that I enjoy in small doses.
😮😲 A living room that's 40' long??!!? How big is your house anyway? Hard to picture living in a house that huge.

+1 on the Vizio. Mine's not quite that old, but it's probably close to 10 and still works just fine.

A living room that's 40' long??!!? How big is your house anyway? Hard to picture living in a house that huge.

WalMart just purchased Vizio.
Google Tv. Amazon Fire. Walmart TV. These are all avenues to farm and market information. I will be interested to see how advertising and streaming play into the plans for Vizio

A living room that's 40' long??!!? How big is your house anyway? Hard to picture living in a house that huge.

It’s the central room. Kitchen, dining, wood stove living room and my work space(office was supposed to be mine ….Wife stole that when she started working from home. )

Room is 44x22. House is 2550 sf. Not tiny but not huge.

image-2024-03-09-12:17:40-911.jpg

Attachments

• image-2024-03-09-12:17:40-911.jpg
    image-2024-03-09-12:17:40-911.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
   / New TV. Purchase and delivery, Who to buy from ?? #39  
Hard to beat Best Buy.

They also usually have the most knowledgeable sales staff, at least in my area.

When I bought the big dollar TV in my man cave, the guy I dealt with asked me a lot of questions, and gave me all the answers. Showed me models, I wasn't even considering. Including the Sony I ended up with. He even told me, I would be happy with the model just below it, for $500 less.

I decided I would spend the extra money. I don't get new cars, or new TV's for a real long time. So, I didn't want a TV that was going to be real obsolete soon.

I am very happy with my purchase, many years later.