Newbie looking to buy

/ Newbie looking to buy #42  
Scotty & Torvy,

Not to break into you guys conversation but I feel something needs to be pointed out here. I have been researching this industry for over two years now and what I am finding is this industry operates very much in the dark. There is no media or consumer journalist coverage of it at all. The only coverage the industry has is inside trade magazine coverage. If you compare it to the automotive industry you will find it has no transparency. The consumer is disadvantaged in about every way possible when they enter the market to do business with this industry.

/ Newbie looking to buy #43  
Please tell me where this data can be found because I have looked and I can't seem to find anything concrete.

I don't know where to find any conclusions. The data is out there, because owners know what they have owned, what they bought, and why. But as far as I know nobody has ever surveyed tractor owners to find out.

The hard answers have been ignored. I've often wondered why. Why doesn't anyone do a study on why people buy the tractors that they do? People study nearly everything else. Maybe you will be the person to take on the task of putting it in a form where conclusions are possible.

Right now I don't think you can just look up the conclusions. We know where to find the info, but the assembly work still needs doing. Nor do I know what the conclusions would be.

Until someone does survey, you might get a start by asking old timers in your area why they bought their latest tractor. Or start a survey here. It might be a good conversation starter.
rScotty