newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT?

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #31  
Me thinks you need to do some investigating yourself at your nearest Deere dealer,seeing as Deere & Company will not even tell you the truth!! Like I told you above just check the ID plates for info. Boy did they ever give you a load of totally useless info!! Deere has not made let alone assembled any utility tractors outside of assembling the 5000 series in the US since the early 80s with the 40 series. As a matter of fact if you check the Deere website it will tell you about the tractors that are made where in the press releases about each series. You'll also see that they moved the rest of the US engine production that was not already there down to Mexico except for the ones used in the US built series. The main parts for the existing 7020s including cabs,rear ends,trannies and engines have came from Europe since the beginig of the series,and now the whole range of smaller 7020s are moving totally to Mannheim to be built along sidce the full frame large 5020s ,6015s and 6020s. The black painted engines in the 5000/10/20 have always came from Mexico as does the whole 5005 series. The engines in all of the Deere utilies since the 50 series on which have always came from Mannheim have came from France.

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #32  
I'm beginning to think that only thing JD makes in the USA is lots of $$$ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #33  
I don't think I own any equipment made in the US. Its always Italy, Korea, Japan, Mexico etc. Are there any real "100% made in the USA" tractors? Its probably impossible to have all US parts. Its rare to find any thing completly made in "North America" much less the USA. Even the Russian tractors I have are not 100% Russian. Deere is just like everybody else, except for the color....

On second thought, I think I saw a Deere green color on a big Valtra /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #34  
Naw it was not deere green on the Valtra..... They give you a choice of three greens though. Valmet green,Valtra green metallic or Claas green.

Of course though if Deere does buy Valtra.................

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #35  
Buy American?

While that still resonates emotionally with many of us, at the same time we intellectually know that we are in a global economy and that the globalization of all products will increasingly be the case. We really can't Buy American for most things even if we want to.

But I wish the US Government would Buy American with our tax dollars. Stop giving it, lending it, and spending it overseas to "help" people who hate us anyway. Give it, lend it and spend it here, and only here, to help Americans in need.

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #36  
back in ww2 when we finally got into it the US. cranked up it's steel production to supply steel for war machines. if we were to get into ww3 WHAT STEEL MILLS WOULD WE CRANK UP?. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif this is not reall a tractor subject so i will let it go. sorry moderators /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #37  
If you are willing to take a Kubota the 6800 is an excellent tractor. It should be large enough to do what you want. It you need more power go with the 8200 or 9000. The 6800 and a loader can really do a lot of work. We are looking at one for our 1000 acre deer club.

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #38  
Thank your for the reminder, Frank. Before the moderators think I was a bad boy, I have to finish my thought: We Americans need those tax dollars so we can buy utility tractors in the 50 to 75 hp range.

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #39  
We have a 5420 and a 4310 in our family. The 5420 is a great machine. The 277 cu. in 4 cyl is naturally aspirated which is what we prefer due to fewer moving parts. I like turbos (like the 5320)but they can cost more money in the long run. I agree with your counterparts, stick to big name brands. They usually have better parts availability, better resale, etc... We almost bought Kubotas but the price on the JD's were competetive and the dealer is 8 blocks away. Our dealer takes good care of us.

Anyway, the 5420 is 4WD with 541 FEL. Power Reverser. We have the insulated driver's station with a canopy. Basically, all the bells and whistles except for the economy PTO option. It is a "boss hoss" and a dream to drive. Plenty of power for most any type of brush hogging. We use it for the big jobs and the 4310 for the "nimble" jobs. I highly recommend 4WD. It is far better to have it and not need it, than to need it, and not have it. Yes, they are expensive but they hold their value and should last a long time.

I use to be in the motorcycle business back in the 80's and importers were required by law to provide parts for 7 years after a given model year. Most manufacturers usually did better than this and I'm not sure if there are any laws that still govern this but I'm sure someone on this board will know. I guess the law of supply and demand will always be in effect.
Good luck with your research. It took us about 3 months of pouring over every small detail on 4 major brands before we ended up with what we have....Kyle

/ newbie recommendations for 50+hp 4wd UT? #40  
That's very correct. They are not the same Deere that was built before the mid-late eighties!