Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee?

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #11  
I've been using Trend Micro for last few years & used Kaspersky prior to that (with OK results.) Also used the free AVG in times past, back in 90's we used Norton and Mccafee both became bloat ware and system speed suffered horribly with those two programs.

So my vote would be for Kaspersky of those you mentioned, however Trend is equally as good & seems to give you 5 PCs vs 3 PCs for same price. We need the 5 licenses what with her tablet/reader thing; the school laptop, my finance laptop, her laptop it also covers phones so bonus...

M

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #12  
Microsoft Security Essentials.

Agreed.
Security Essentials for Win 7 and earlier
Defender for Win 8 +

Both are free and both seem to work well.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #13  
I have Kaspersky now because AVG and McAfee let a lot thru.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #14  
Kaspersky is EXCELLENT. If you don't do anything foolish on the internet, Microsoft Security Essentials will work.
We have the commercial version of AVG at work and its pretty good.

I would AVOID Norton and McAfee. Both have borked up computers in the past when I tried to remove them after they expired (McAfee actually recommends running a separate uninstall program to remove their software after it has expired...
No need to PAY for something that acts like malware...

Aaron Z

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #15  
What don't you like about Norton?

I ditched Norton a few ys back when my wife's laptop wouldn't boot. Got Kaspersky, used rescue cd to boot, Kaspersky found oh.. About 200 things, our active/paid Norton was missing. Of the 200, 95% were minor issues lil tracking cookies, but there were 3 viri and a Trojan that were bad, one of those preventing the boot.. Kaspersky found it first scan before we even updated the files, Norton was missing it. :(

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #16  
I have Panda Internet Security... a US company that's based out of Florida. It's been just over a year and I've had zero problems or attacks that haven't been resolved. They also include a military (ex or currently serving) discount AND they don't mind that my military service is from Australia. :thumbsup:

I also, via Panda, have their Advanced Tech Support (again with military discount). It's great and if I ever have a malware problem, or just want a system clean-up, I just ring them up via an international 1-800 number - in Florida - and they fix things right up then call me to review what they did & is there anything else they can do for me.

When my old computer died, a few months ago, the Florida blokes set up my new system... transferring all of my old data/pictures/etc... it took all of (my) night. I couldn't be more pleased.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #17  
I like Avast, second choice would be AVG. Neither are bloated resource hogs like Norton or McAfee and they are both free.

I have used Avast for years; free and constantly updated.

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #18  
Last edited:
   / Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee?
If I get Kaspersky, which level should I get?

/ Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee? #20  
I've had Norton for years and always been very satisfied. Also have had McAfee on a second PC and when the free 6 months expired gladly switched it to Norton for free. I have noticed their latest version runs faster with less interference.

Consumer Reports rated Norton the highest in July, along with Eset.

Anybody tried PC-Matic? They advertise on TV a lot.