Not much use for my 4WD yet

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #11  
Yeah, something like
HPIM0671.JPG

with a backhoe.

Now you are talking!:thumbsup:

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #12  
I think it is better to have front wheel assist and not need it than to need it and not have it. There will be times when it is handy. I have FELs on my tractors, steep hills and bog areas. I could not get along without it.

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #13  
4WD is essential for me. Only had my little BX for a couple of weeks but there have been many times already it has got me up a hill or out of clay muck when slipping badly in 2WD. Being able to quickly lock the differential with your heel is nice feature.

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #14  
I've only had the tractor since February of this year, but aside from pulling the delivery truck that delivered the tractor out of the snow :laughing: I haven't had much use for the 4wd yet. Even on sloping grades the ag tires seem to keep the tractor on a firm footing. Not saying I regret spending the extra cash for 4wd..

ok so i guess you heard the phrase that it is better to have something and not need it then to not have something and need it. 4wd is a must even if you don't need it regularly. someday you will need it again

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #15  
I also find it handy ,like today I was pushing a car with it.The angle I was at dues to trees, I needed to have te front tractor wheels turned completly, and the tractor wanted to go straight and not turn. So in 4 WD and then it pulled and turned to the angle.Also a few times it has bene an advantage to distribute the braking action through it.

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #17  
I use 4wD all the time.

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet
BigMike,

I've owned a 4wd pickup for over 30 years now and while it's rare that I use the 4wd, when I need it, I'm always very glad I have it.

My neighbor owns most of the farmland around me and when we discussed new tractors his advice was - no need for 4wd. He's running large 190+ hp IH/Case (don't know the model numbers) that weigh 6-8 tons or more I'd imagine and so maybe with all that weight and with the lay of the land 'round here it's fine.

Seems the concensus on this site is that 4wd is a must have and with my experience having it in my pickups all these years, I tend to agree and so I went with it in the new tractor. No regrets though. The fact I haven't used it much yet probably means I'll use less fuel.

I love this new machine. It's my first and it's been great. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #20  
BTDT

I got $100 that says I could get that stuck:laughing:

Me too.
JD and CAT backhoe stuck.JPG
That was from the spring of '12 in the middle of one of my hay meadows.