Not much use for my 4WD yet

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #22  
Me too.
View attachment 325639
That was from the spring of '12 in the middle of one of my hay meadows.

Wow, thats pretty stuck.

This was me just a month or so ago...I am sure some of you remember

stuck 1.jpgstuck 2.jpg

I could probably do alot better with the kubota that was pictured with the half tracks:D

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #24  
OK, so which one of those was coming to the rescue of the other?:laughing:

The JD tractor with the 10' bush-hog went down first. (and really fast) I was clipping weeds and it just fell through. Funny thing is, I had just fertilized the day before. 5 tons on a spreader buggy and no problem.

I borrowed the CAT 420 4x4 backhoe from my cousin. Where it sunk was as close as I got to the tractor. About 30 minutes after the hoe went down, my cousin called and asked how it was going. I told him. He said, "I've never had a rubber tire hoe so stuck that I couldn't get it out." I said, "Me neither, until now."

Long story short, we had to go get a trailer load of mud mats to get them out.

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #26  
No pictures, but a couple years ago I told my son to do some work around the house while I was gone. I had tilled the garden, and then it rained. I said............don't go into that garden, you'll get stuck.

He used the 4WD to get in...........Thank goodness he didn't know where the diff-lock was. My neighbor used the diff lock and the FEL to get the tractor out.

Took me 3 hours to get the dried mud off after I got home that weekend. And yes, I was in there with a hammer and screwdriver to get it cleaned.:yell:

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet
No pictures, but a couple years ago I told my son to do some work around the house while I was gone. I had tilled the garden, and then it rained. I said............don't go into that garden, you'll get stuck.

He used the 4WD to get in...........Thank goodness he didn't know where the diff-lock was. My neighbor used the diff lock and the FEL to get the tractor out.

Took me 3 hours to get the dried mud off after I got home that weekend. And yes, I was in there with a hammer and screwdriver to get it cleaned.:yell:

My neighbor owns most of the farmland around me and when I asked him for advise about what kind of machine I should need around my place, among the suggestions he mentioned was that with four wheel drive you just might get yourself deeper into trouble. I'd imagine your story is what he had in mind..... :laughing:

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #28  
I don't know that anyone has mentioned it, but one of the great benefits of 4wd is downhill 4-wheel braking. With 2wd, you only have the rears. Of course with a loader, the effect is multiplied, but having 4wd to aid braking going down steep hills is very useful on a non-FEL tractor too.

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #29  
I don't know that anyone has mentioned it, but one of the great benefits of 4wd is downhill 4-wheel braking. With 2wd, you only have the rears. Of course with a loader, the effect is multiplied, but having 4wd to aid braking going down steep hills is very useful on a non-FEL tractor too.

I've never commented on it before, but with your avatar, if anybody knows about this, it must be you. :thumbsup:

/ Not much use for my 4WD yet #30  
Just my :2cents:. I use the 4WD a lot. It has gotten me out of lots of trouble and only once let me get to far out that I was really stuck. When there is 10" or less new snow on my fields I can drive my BX2200 right across with no problems. I have done that with two ATV deer hunters jealously watching and not able to get across that field. Yes, I have the tractor tread tires loaded, backblade and the FEL on. I don't want to be without it but I do drop into 2WD as much as possible.