Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ?

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #21  
A little strongly worded, but I certainly have some agreement with what youre saying. I think everybody always has a potential valuable contribution. I wouldnt shortchange myself by ignoring.
larry

ignoring a poster also serves to prevent arguments for the realitively few individuals that just can't keep it civil, no mater 'who' starts it. in cases like that. it's best for all involved if the mutual 'iritants' are ignored, instead of letting a 'rash' form.

Besides.. even when someone is ignored.. you have the option to 'view post'

I frequently 'view posts' of a select few of the poster's i've ignored. I've even been know to remove posters from my ignore list.. am actually GOOD friends with a few of them.. ;)

soundguy

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #22  
that's a typical 'stiff' black/white response allowing for no room in the middle.. no grey area.

if there is anything in life, there is ALWAYS a grey area.

ALWAYS an exception... that's why 'stiff' 'blinders on' statements like this one usually invoke 'ignorement' :) ( i love making up words... even the ones that are simple miss-spellings ) :)

and no.. you aren't on my ignore list.. however I'm always taking new applications :) and there's plenty of seating in the forward compartment ;) :)

soundguy

ignoring posts/posters is typical for those that simply refuse to read the opinions of others that they disagree with and or they have no argument that can counter the logic of those they disagree with..."the truth hurts" and ignoring someone's opinion merely suppresses the pain.

This forum is a great (unsurpassed) source of information when it comes to tractors and related topics and because of its diversity of contributors it also has diversity of intellects. Those that refuse to acknowledge diverse opinions (ignore lists) because they are so different form their own are only showing their lack of intellect.

Stupid people almost always reject what they do not agree with or do not understand.

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #23  
I got one of those too and just never bothered find out which it was. As we all know it is easy to sometimes step on someones toes, even on here. Never thought about using the ignore feature, although sometimes (well lotsa times) I just skim over certain folks posts)

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #24  
i got a notification last week soemthing was being deleted. i emailed in asking which post.. never got a reply.

didn't bother me much... as i said. if you stand up for something, eventually along the way.. you'll get a deletion.. :)

soundguy

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #25  
One thing to always keep in mind and that this is a privately owned for profit forum ...

Consequently, the administration can and will delete any and all posts .... it's their opinion that counts and not yours.

The owner of this forum isn't hosting it for anything other than a business venture. It takes a bit of financing to have a forum like this and the more participants, the more click through's on fee paid advertisers here and higher rankings with search engines and web crawlers.... and more profit for the owner.
Agree. Once in a while each of us needs to stop and thank M for making this forum available. And also recognize it runs by his rules; I suspect occasionally applied with unexpected enthusiasm by the delegated moderators. So be it, we need to accept it is what it is, and a big success overall.

I have enjoyed participating in threads along with others who are concerned about where our country is, and where it is going. But I can see how this often turns into such controversy that management here feels it doesn't help the forum overall.

Is it appropriate to ask here: Can people suggest other sites where political discussion with participation from all sides is welcome? So many sites are bitterly partisan, and I think that is one of the problems facing the US. Is there anywhere where people of good will can meet to propose and discuss alternate solutions, toward the goal of finding common ground we all can support? I don't know of a single such site and I would like to hear of any. And I'll bet M would like to see the participation on here gravitate back toward tractors and related subjects. :)

Last edited:
   / Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #26  
Kubotafan, one rule I learned here several years ago is you don't critique the moderation. ...Don't ask me how I learned that. :D

Last edited:
   / Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #27  
Few of my posts were deleted too. I understand why so it doesn't bother me at all. I can live with it. I like the civil way the issues are discussed here without names calling and belligerent behavior. Rephrase your post and repost it or just let it go.

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ?
OK guys and gals so as long as it was not just me, I feel better...I sure did not mean to offend anybody...I posted the Newpaper article about eating old people because it was so ridiculous and I thought everyone would get a kick out of it....I guess someone did not...:)

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #29  
OK guys and gals so as long as it was not just me,
Nope I got done as well this week.

A discussion thread you posted at TractorByNet.com was recently removed. The reason this thread was removed was that our members flagged it as political in nature.

Now the thread I started was about someone pouring huge amounts of money in an attempt to get elected as a Judge and I posed the question "could justice be bought"?

I think it was other members "political" posts that got it banned (I'm not into USA politics )

So it may not be your fault........just the way thread gets its own life and runs off course from the original posting.

I just accepted it and moved on

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #30  
I think some and a small few of the moderators ... just lurk to see if they can find something, anything to flag and keep their "moderators license" up to date.