Now I am worried!

/ Now I am worried! #21  
Most people just don't understand ... easy credit, easy payment ... how much down and how much a month.. in general I think most live 30 days to bankruptcy, loose your source of income ... in thirty days your whole life will change.

And I guess banks don't care about affordability rules. If you can't pay for it, they take it and resell it for the balance owed.

/ Now I am worried! #22  
Most people just don't understand ... easy credit, easy payment ... how much down and how much a month.. in general I think most live 30 days to bankruptcy, loose your source of income ... in thirty days your whole life will change.

This is an excelent point, I'm a firm believer that you should have 12 months reserve, and plenty of insurance, STD, LTD and term life particularly if there are mini-bosses around.

To many of my friends live for today and man can that bite you in the backside real fast. They can't help themselves much less their kids when their kids are in need of a kick start.

Joel

/ Now I am worried! #23  
And I guess banks don't care about affordability rules. If you can't pay for it, they take it and resell it for the balance owed.

Thats not quite right, true they will resell, if the resell is for less than the balance owed, you will find yourself with a deficincy judgement that will haunt you, if it brings more than owed you may find yourself fighting for your money.

Think about this, you grab onto that "No money down ... 0%" on a $35,000 tractor ... we all know the minute you sign the papers depreciation sets in, then put in play the economic factor ... Lose your source of income, get it repo'ed and they will sell it for whatever it brings!!

Point in case, has anyone ever been told at the time of closing .... "Perhaps you can not afford this?" Heck no if your credit score permits ... your in that new tractor, truck, equipment ... whatever it may be. Good luck if you lose your source of income ...

/ Now I am worried! #24  
For what its worth, when I saw the crying smilie, I just figured it was somebody who was looking to buy a Kioti in a few months (or years!) and wasn't happy about the prospects of losing a good deal. After all, this IS the pricing and buying section of the forum.
BOB

/ Now I am worried! #26  
ha ha ha Mike D74T.

Hey Patches,
HTML:
It could have been avoided, with a little oversight, a lot less greed and a whole lot of "common" sense. Seems like everybody wants something for nothing; ain't gonna' happen. The world has to wake up to the reality that goods cost money to produce, and everyone on the train has to make a profit to stay in business and if you contract a debt, YOU HAVE TO PAY IT OFF ???

What are ya takin crazy!!! LOL Plan to pay off your debts when you incur them! "Common sense" Huh??:D:D

I think I'll go out and get a sofa and tv tonight on the "don't pay for a year" and then maybe buy a house with 0% down, and a car, and a goat, and send some more money to that guy in Nigeria, and buy that $20,000 tractor that is offered at $5000 on craigslist................

(Sorry could not resist, I do not intend to mock ANYONE who has a bad turn of luck outside of their control but some folks just plan for disaster).

/ Now I am worried! #27  
Hehehe,
Have you seen what agricredit wants for there repo'ed tractors, on thier site ??
I have seen the same tractors listed for upto a year, I wonder why ???

Nick

/ Now I am worried!
Hehehe,
Have you seen what agricredit wants for there repo'ed tractors, on thier site ??
I have seen the same tractors listed for upto a year, I wonder why ???

Nick

:eek:tell me about it I have to of them here!
I try and tell them all the time why they don't sell.

/ Now I am worried! #29  
Hey Joel - here's some more good news from a smart fellow:

"Instead of furthering the inevitable liquidation of the maladjustments brought about by the boom during the last three years, all conceivable means have been used to prevent that readjustment from taking place; and one of these means, which has been repeatedly tried though without success, from the earliest to the most recent stages of depression, has been this deliberate policy of credit expansion", this fellow explains.

"To combat the depression by a forced credit expansion is to attempt to cure the evil by the very means which brought it about; because we are suffering from a misdirection of production, we want to create further misdirection a procedure that can only lead to a much more severe crisis as soon as the credit expansion comes to an end", he continues.

"It is probably to this experiment, together with the attempts to prevent liquidation once the crisis had come, that we owe the exceptional severity and duration of the depression. We must not forget that, for the last six or eight years, monetary policy all over the world has followed the advice of the stabilizers. It is high time that their influence, which has already done harm enough, should be overthrown."

The fellow's name is Friedrich August von Hayek, 1974 Nobel Prize winner in economics, and he wrote this in June 1932 during the presidential campaign. Seems politicians still haven't learned from history, or just don't care. Be prepared for massive inflation.

/ Now I am worried! #30  
Wasn't it Harry Truman who said, "If you took all the economists in the world and laid'em end to end, they'd point in all directions?":D