* * OFF ROAD SUPPLY PROBLEM * *

/ * * OFF ROAD SUPPLY PROBLEM * * #1  

LBrown59

Super Star Member
First organized permanent settlement in the northw
Tractor
2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500
My supplier had been delivering 55 gallon of off road at a time.
Called them up the other day and they had closed up shop.
Thus I lost the only supplier that was willing to deliver less than the Min of 100 to 300 gallon .
To bad I don't have a diesel pick up or I'd just get the min order.

/ * * OFF ROAD SUPPLY PROBLEM * * #2  
My supplier had been delivering 55 gallon of off road at a time.
Called them up the other day and they had closed up shop.
Thus I lost the only supplier that was willing to deliver less than the Min of 100 to 300 gallon .
To bad I don't have a diesel pick up or I'd just get the min order.

I'm confused....
Diesel pickup? if you get caught on road with off road diesel there is a big fine in most, if not all, of the states.. Is that not so where you live?

I saw a guy at the truck stop the other day with the DMV putting something in his tank..
He has a construction company and he was getting tested..
I think is was random, as I know him and he is one the most honest people I have ever met!!

J

/ * * OFF ROAD SUPPLY PROBLEM * * #3  
So just buy 100 gallons. You will still use it and only have to order half as often.

/ * * OFF ROAD SUPPLY PROBLEM * * #5  
That would be a good solution if i was sure I would use it all up before it went bad.
..... went bad ? :confused:

LB ..... this ain't a loaf of bread we're talkin' about here ....... :confused2:

/ * * OFF ROAD SUPPLY PROBLEM * *
I'm confused....
Diesel pickup? if you get caught on road with off road diesel there is a big fine in most, if not all, of the states.. Is that not so where you live?
J
I'm thinking 55 gallons of off road and 55 to 245 gallons of on road for a total delivery of 100 to 300 gallons.

/ * * OFF ROAD SUPPLY PROBLEM * * #7  
I'm confused....

I saw a guy at the truck stop the other day with the DMV putting something in his tank..
He has a construction company and he was getting tested..
I think is was random, as I know him and he is one the most honest people I have ever met!!

J

Funny you mention that...I know a guy who lives up there in Polk County. A NC highway patrolman stopped him recently near Columbus and wanted to check to see if he was running dyed fuel in his company pick-up. The fact he had a off road tank in the bed probably tipped them off he might be.
The cop held some sort of paper on a stick in the exhaust of his idling truck for a bit and pronounced him good, no red fuel detected.
He said the cop was a little embarrased when he said that was good since his truck wasn't a diesel...:laughing:

/ * * OFF ROAD SUPPLY PROBLEM * * #8  
Funny you mention that...I know a guy who lives up there in Polk County. A NC highway patrolman stopped him recently near Columbus and wanted to check to see if he was running dyed fuel in his company pick-up. The fact he had a off road tank in the bed probably tipped them off he might be.
The cop held some sort of paper on a stick in the exhaust of his idling truck for a bit and pronounced him good, no red fuel detected.
He said the cop was a little embarrased when he said that was good since his truck wasn't a diesel...:laughing:

ROFL! That's a classic, it needs to be posted as a sticky! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ken

/ * * OFF ROAD SUPPLY PROBLEM * *
*He said the cop was a little embarrased when he said that was good since his truck wasn't a diesel.
*That's just plain stupid.

Last edited:
   / * * OFF ROAD SUPPLY PROBLEM * * #10  
I know they don't spot check as often as they probably should, but even I have been tested to see if I was running off road in my tractor trailer. Considering the fact that I always drive a company truck, rather than being an owner operator, it seemed like a waste of the officers time, but the payback "IF" he did catch me with offroad fuel would have been well worth it. We changed to a new fuel supplier a while back (and then back again). One of the drivers fueled up a 300 gallon capacity truck with off road by mistake. After documenting the mistake, paying the tax, getting a copy of the receipt that listed the mistake and the corrections, they finally allowed him to drive the truck to the yard where it was all pumped out and replenished with taxed fuel. Color could still be detected in the new fuel, but just barely. The did not allow him out of the state for several weeks while the new fuel was replenished. That driver will not make that mistake again...

As far as LB's problem, I started to suggest getting his hands on a tank and making a trailer to hold them, then just using his pump system to offload the trailer tank. HOWEVER, it occured to me that any amount larger than the 55 gallon drum(assumption here guys!!!) would require a hazmat endorsement to haul fuel, since it isn't in the vehicles tanks. Even if he did acquire a tractor trailer tank, most likely it would be too large for him to haul without the hazmat endorsement. A quick search says the magic number is 119 gallons, so maybe he could get one hundred or an eighty gallon tank to haul his fuel home with. I often just drop a couple of five gallon cans into the fuel tank of my tractor, but do have the option of just driving it up to the store where they sell diesel. Only one store within driving distance sells diesel, so I will be in trouble if they quit. I don't have the option of offroad fuel, though it would be nice.
David from jax
David from jax