Oil change

/ Oil change #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Problem is, no owners manual, this belongs to a friend and thought I would service it before returning it. I have used Cheveron Delo 15w 40 in all my diesels (tractor, trucks, etc..) just wanted to know if this was ok for the kabota. )</font>

15W-40 is fine. Call your local Kubota dealer to find out the oil quantity. My L4200 uses about 2 gallons. I use Rotella 15W-40 diesel oil - Rotella, simply because WalMart sells it in convient gallon jugs. Incidentally, If your buddy hasn't changed the oil in 505 hours, you may not want to buy it.

Jay

/ Oil change #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Problem is, no owners manual, this belongs to a friend and thought I would service it before returning it. I have used Cheveron Delo 15w 40 in all my diesels (tractor, trucks, etc..) just wanted to know if this was ok for the kabota. )</font>

15W-40 is fine. Call your local Kubota dealer to find out the oil quantity. My L4200 uses about 2 gallons. I use Rotella 15W-40 diesel oil - Rotella, simply because WalMart sells it in convient gallon jugs. Incidentally, If your buddy hasn't changed the oil in 505 hours, you may not want to buy it.

Jay