Old YanMars holding their value!

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #1  

bkcraun

Tractor
YanMar YM2310D
I'm new to YanMars and just spent the past few weeks reviewing all 166 pages of posts here. The old YM tractors have lost very little value since the early 2000's! Maybe because the survivors have been well tended too? I've got 9 hours of seat time now in mine and have been very pleased with the power and quality of these little gray market tractors.

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #2  
I'm new to YanMars and just spent the past few weeks reviewing all 166 pages of posts here. The old YM tractors have lost very little value since the early 2000's! Maybe because the survivors have been well tended too? I've got 9 hours of seat time now in mine and have been very pleased with the power and quality of these little gray market tractors.
Yanmars are good tractors. My old JD compact is actually made by Yanmar.

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #3  
The quality is so good that they can survive horrible user abuse. Then after trivial cleanup run same as they did new. So age doesn't make much difference in how well one will work.

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #7  
Kubota Manufacturing is big in Ga.. Not far at all from me. I live on a State Hwy. and see the truck load of units go bye. Used a Kubota Fel. BH. when I built this house. The owner just picked it up from the Dealer from Serv. Within a couple minutes it started squirting Hyd. fluid in my lap from the Steering Shaft. Hardly turn the wheel and Squirt!!! Shut it off called Kubota and found out you had to split it. Power Steering!! Had to have it so Put a ghetto rig on it that actually worked and got me bye. True!! Owner offered it to me which I passed on it. Ton of HRS. Another factor of passing on it. Used to install cable TV. lines. It did what I needed it to do but Just back from the shop killed it for me. I'm Big on the Older Yanmar's. Chk. local CL. Farm and Garden all the time for them. Very few 30+Hp. if ever come up. Won't be long until I'll have to upgrade. I get the Yanmar Ga. adds often and They're picking up on the Tractor models. The SA221 is looks nice just to small. The 40Hp Solis range is were I need to be though.

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #8  
Kubota Manufacturing is big in Ga.. Not far at all from me. I live on a State Hwy. and see the truck load of units go bye. Used a Kubota Fel. BH. when I built this house. The owner just picked it up from the Dealer from Serv. Within a couple minutes it started squirting Hyd. fluid in my lap from the Steering Shaft. Hardly turn the wheel and Squirt!!! Shut it off called Kubota and found out you had to split it. Power Steering!! Had to have it so Put a ghetto rig on it that actually worked and got me bye. True!! Owner offered it to me which I passed on it. Ton of HRS. Another factor of passing on it. Used to install cable TV. lines. It did what I needed it to do but Just back from the shop killed it for me. I'm Big on the Older Yanmar's. Chk. local CL. Farm and Garden all the time for them. Very few 30+Hp. if ever come up. Won't be long until I'll have to upgrade. I get the Yanmar Ga. adds often and They're picking up on the Tractor models. The SA221 is looks nice just to small. The 40Hp Solis range is were I need to be though.

Since you are looking in GA, Try Spaulding's for a UTDA machine. A 30Hp and 38Hp is the YM3110 & YM3810. They can get them in from Fredricks. :)

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #9  
08 My Ym2000 came from Steve @ Spalding. Then 09 a YM2500 For the property of retired catholic priests. Think he didn't give them a good deal!!..... :)

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #10  
08 My Ym2000 came from Steve @ Spalding. Then 09 a YM2500 For the property of retired catholic priests. Think he didn't give them a good deal!!..... :)

Did you ask him about the YM3110 or YM3810 models then. ;) Maybe a little shy, but a YM2620 or YM2820 are still good machines too. The 3T84 engine was used in both the Gray and US/UK domestic markets.

The YM2500 aka JD850 is a good machine. However, I like the PowerShift and went YM2610. Getting older, the less effort to clutch and de-clutch really helps. Plus, the PowerShift allows for a 'live' PTO. A win-win.