Old YanMars holding their value!

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #11  
A load of Kubota's 1 tractor and a few BH.'s on it just went bye. Doesn't happen as much nowdays. I'm sure steve will set me up. Or worst case go to Fredricks which is a easy drive for me. BTDT......

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #12  
A load of Kubota's 1 tractor and a few BH.'s on it just went bye. Doesn't happen as much nowdays. I'm sure steve will set me up. Or worst case go to Fredricks which is a easy drive for me. BTDT......
Back in the day, the drive for Fredricks was a simple I-65 south. Not anymore. :oops:

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #13  
Int.20 to N. Hwy 431. I'm 1 Rd. 10 miles or so off Int.20. 1hr. 15min. I believe... Easy.

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #14  
I'm new to YanMars and just spent the past few weeks reviewing all 166 pages of posts here. The old YM tractors have lost very little value since the early 2000's! Maybe because the survivors have been well tended too? I've got 9 hours of seat time now in mine and have been very pleased with the power and quality of these little gray market tractors.
Its also called inflation. But also yes beyond that it's increased regulation and complexity of the engines required today that have made model tractors less reliable, and durible over the years that makes people want a more simple but capable machine.

I think if you look these things have actually seen a real price increase in some cases to throw an economic term out there.

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #15  
Since you are looking in GA, Try Spaulding's for a UTDA machine. A 30Hp and 38Hp is the YM3110 & YM3810. They can get them in from Fredricks. :)
He knows about them😉! That's where his current YM2000 came from!

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #16  
Did you ask him about the YM3110 or YM3810 models then. ;) Maybe a little shy, but a YM2620 or YM2820 are still good machines too. The 3T84 engine was used in both the Gray and US/UK domestic markets.

The YM2500 aka JD850 is a good machine. However, I like the PowerShift and went YM2610. Getting older, the less effort to clutch and de-clutch really helps. Plus, the PowerShift allows for a 'live' PTO. A win-win.
@Cardoc who use to frequent these forums till he was run off with bickering about something I believe that was unrelated to the topic at hand I believe. Has a 3110 or 3810 and has for years. I know he uses it for all kinds of stuff and loves it. I still talk to him on e or twice a year. Great guy and a real loss to the forum.

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #17  
Shut it off called Kubota and found out you had to split it.
Seems odd in as much as the hydrostatic power steering orbital motor in under the dash cowling and the hydraulic pump for the steering is either piggy backed to the main hydraulic pump or uses the main pump for power and neither require splitting the tractor. On a cab Kubota, the orbital pump is located on top of the engine and activated by a short shaft with a greaseable universal. Neither requiring splitting the unit.

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #18  
I'm new to YanMars and just spent the past few weeks reviewing all 166 pages of posts here. The old YM tractors have lost very little value since the early 2000's! Maybe because the survivors have been well tended too? I've got 9 hours of seat time now in mine and have been very pleased with the power and quality of these little gray market tractors.
A few months ago I bought my first diesel tractor, a Yanmar YM2310. It is also my youngest tractor, because it was made in 1980 or '81 and my other tractors are a 1939 Ford 9N and a 1975 Case 580 CK backhoe. It came with a front end loader, a box blade and clamp on forks.
The guy wanted $2500.00 for it. I told my wife it was a screaming good deal but she was OK with the purchase because the Ford is for sale and I also sold a 1945 Gibson tractor.
I figured the tractor was probably worth about $4000.00 which is why I thought it was a screaming deal. After finding out how much the old Yanmars really sell for, especially with a loader installed, I was shocked. I got a much better deal than I thought I was getting.
Now, after using this tractor for a few months, I find it is even better than when I first drove it home. The power shift is very similar to the shuttle shift on my Case. On my Case the shuttle shift is just for forward and reverse. But with the Yanmar its not just forward and reverse but forward with 3 gears to choose from. Bonus! Great for moving dirt, which I did a lot of recently.
I have used my post hole digger with this tractor to drill a bunch of 9 inch diameter holes for trees. So much easier than using the using the thing with my 9N.
I am sure you are gonna love your reliable workhorse.
Eric

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #19  
A few months ago I bought my first diesel tractor, a Yanmar YM2310. It is also my youngest tractor, because it was made in 1980 or '81 and my other tractors are a 1939 Ford 9N and a 1975 Case 580 CK backhoe. It came with a front end loader, a box blade and clamp on forks.
The guy wanted $2500.00 for it. I told my wife it was a screaming good deal but she was OK with the purchase because the Ford is for sale and I also sold a 1945 Gibson tractor.
I figured the tractor was probably worth about $4000.00 which is why I thought it was a screaming deal. After finding out how much the old Yanmars really sell for, especially with a loader installed, I was shocked. I got a much better deal than I thought I was getting.
Now, after using this tractor for a few months, I find it is even better than when I first drove it home. The power shift is very similar to the shuttle shift on my Case. On my Case the shuttle shift is just for forward and reverse. But with the Yanmar its not just forward and reverse but forward with 3 gears to choose from. Bonus! Great for moving dirt, which I did a lot of recently.
I have used my post hole digger with this tractor to drill a bunch of 9 inch diameter holes for trees. So much easier than using the using the thing with my 9N.
I am sure you are gonna love your reliable workhorse.
Eric

Eric,

You will arrive at being a guru with a PowerShift when you can manage a 'live' PTO not only in the band it's set to, but when switching to another band without using the clutch. That's mastery right there.

Yanmar invent the PowerShift that others cloned to call Shuttle Shift. Hoye has a good write up on it. It's very popular in Europe in their vehicles to.

My neighbor with the 8N tends to drool over my Yanmar. He thought it was made only a few years ago, but not as a 1981. He can't believe it.

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #20  
Eric,

You will arrive at being a guru with a PowerShift when you can manage a 'live' PTO not only in the band it's set to, but when switching to another band without using the clutch. That's mastery right there.

Yanmar invent the PowerShift that others cloned to call Shuttle Shift. Hoye has a good write up on it. It's very popular in Europe in their vehicles to.

My neighbor with the 8N tends to drool over my Yanmar. He thought it was made only a few years ago, but not as a 1981. He can't believe it.
The shuttle shift on my Case is older that the power shift on my Yanmar. But like I said it is only for changing from forward to reverse. Having the extra speeds without clutching is great.
Eric