Old YanMars holding their value!

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #21  
I'm new to YanMars and just spent the past few weeks reviewing all 166 pages of posts here. The old YM tractors have lost very little value since the early 2000's! Maybe because the survivors have been well tended too? I've got 9 hours of seat time now in mine and have been very pleased with the power and quality of these little gray market tractors.
One of the all time great mid sized tractors is the Yanmar YM 336d

/ Old YanMars holding their value! #22  
A few months ago I bought my first diesel tractor, a Yanmar YM2310. It is also my youngest tractor, because it was made in 1980 or '81 and my other tractors are a 1939 Ford 9N and a 1975 Case 580 CK backhoe. It came with a front end loader, a box blade and clamp on forks.
The guy wanted $2500.00 for it. I told my wife it was a screaming good deal but she was OK with the purchase because the Ford is for sale and I also sold a 1945 Gibson tractor.
I figured the tractor was probably worth about $4000.00 which is why I thought it was a screaming deal. After finding out how much the old Yanmars really sell for, especially with a loader installed, I was shocked. I got a much better deal than I thought I was getting.
Now, after using this tractor for a few months, I find it is even better than when I first drove it home. The power shift is very similar to the shuttle shift on my Case. On my Case the shuttle shift is just for forward and reverse. But with the Yanmar its not just forward and reverse but forward with 3 gears to choose from. Bonus! Great for moving dirt, which I did a lot of recently.
I have used my post hole digger with this tractor to drill a bunch of 9 inch diameter holes for trees. So much easier than using the using the thing with my 9N.
I am sure you are gonna love your reliable workhorse.
Eric
Yea you stole it for that value. Would have been an amazing deal for just the tractor and it had a loader!!