OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES #12  
Great thread...! hope to see some task specific tips etc...

it can't be said enough...ROPSs do no good without the seatbelt use it!

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES #13  
31) Wear a cap or hat. You'll need it when you stir up a yellow jackets/hornets nest with the mower!!! ;) :(

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES #14  
28) Don't ride wearing just flipflops or sandals!

Please, please, please! Think of the neighbors.
Good luck, Wm

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES
32. CALL LOCATE SERVICE BEFORE THE B/H TOUCHES THE GROUND.
33. when possible start french drain trenches from the dump end, this way you can make adjustments to depth, backfill as you go.
34. Make your family, friends, anyone that may be around you while your operating your equipment aware that they should NEVER be behind you.

more to come

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES #16  
25) Hard pulls are best done from the front of the tractor. You can't pull as much from the front, but there is almost no risk of it flipping over backwards that way. TOO MANY operators have been killed making hard pulls from the rear by revving it up and dumping the clutch.

The tractor's draw bar is made for hard pulls, and the tractor won't flip over backwards using it. Front axles or front end loaders are NOT made for hard pulls. Pulling from the front may cause severe equipment damage....

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES #17  
One thing that I have found in tractors as well as life in general:

35. There ain't no cure for dumba&& and there is no substitute for common sense.

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES #18  
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but always try to go up/down hills with your load uphill.

Full fel bucket forward uphill, back down hill.

Big bushog and small tractor going uphill might not have the best of steering.

Use lower gear for enging breaking going down hill.

Don't ride the clutch. It wears them out prematurley and when a clutch goes out goung down a hill with a big load behind you it's the same as putting it in neutral and going for a ride.

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES #19  
Some one mentioned about getting caught getting off of small or tight operators area..I have a Kubota CUT and with all the levels on it in the fenders have found it a great placed to get caught. Have a pair of shorts not ripped getting off one day was heading for me head landing first. Long pants only now and have had a lever to catch a front pocket last week.

In my part of the world PTO and roll overs are the killers. Finger issues are often hooking up. Be sure if you have someone moving the tractor for you to pin an implement you are not between the two.

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES #20  
36. Careful while raising loads in the FEL, going too high could result in contents of bucket landing on hood of tractor or worse yet, on the operator.

Mark