Ordered a 5045E

/ Ordered a 5045E
actually that's not a bad price for all that he got. could it have been better? maybe. but he surely didn't get taken to the cleaners by any means.
Thanks I'll print this one off to show to "She Who Must Be Obeyed" in defense of my position. The Kitchen project just got a budget boost of course but no need to let it get out of hand.;)

/ Ordered a 5045E #12  
Trouble is every shift at work I think of a new project that will be possible once she is here if I can buy the other materials needed. By June I'll have two decades of " home work" ahead of me. :thumbsup:

Oh brother, I know exactly what you mean. Same here. Work is piling up and I keep trying to figure out how to get it all done (as I continue to add more projects!).

I had a few weeks wait for my tractor to arrive - and it killed me to see the time go by with no progress being made.

Here's hoping for an early delivery :)

/ Ordered a 5045E
Today we went down to the lumber yard to pick out HRH's cabinets for the kitchen. A major step in the tractor / kitchen project don't you know. While we were there She spied some landscaping blocks and hatched a plan for a retaining wall along the side of the driveway. I told her sure as soon as I had the tractor to to do the digging and back fill.:laughing:

/ Ordered a 5045E
Now I am in the denial stage of waiting for my 5045E. Everything I read uses the 5045E as the tractor that didn't have enough horsepower to get the job done. You have to wonder how the guys that bought the original A's , B's and 9Ns ever got a bale into the loft. I'm beginning to wonder if I will have to go to the Indian implement market to find attachments that fit and match the horsepower of the machine.

/ Ordered a 5045E #15  
Now I am in the denial stage of waiting for my 5045E. Everything I read uses the 5045E as the tractor that didn't have enough horsepower to get the job done. You have to wonder how the guys that bought the original A's , B's and 9Ns ever got a bale into the loft. I'm beginning to wonder if I will have to go to the Indian implement market to find attachments that fit and match the horsepower of the machine.

For some jobs the 5045e seems underpowered, but only because it is so much tractor. For bush hogging, dirt work, woods work, etc it has plenty adequate power. Only when you get it out in the field and hook it to larger equipment does it seem underpowered. Don't feel bad about your purchase, the 5045e is A LOT of tractor for the money.

/ Ordered a 5045E #16  
vtsnowedin said:

I dont think you will find that tractor lacking in power at all. My 5203 mfwd had never left me needing more power. Wanting maybe but never needing.

/ Ordered a 5045E
Well until I do some serious brush hogging etc. I won't have a field to hay and at present I don't own any stock to feed so if 45HP won't run a humungus round baler I won't know it anyway. Can probably teem up with someone with a larger machine if I actually found the need to hay.
Just itching to try her out.:eek:

/ Ordered a 5045E #18  
I was looking at the 5000 series before I found my kubota and had settled on the 5055 as a good blend of size and hp. Call the dealer and ask how much to step up to the 5055 for the extra pto hp? cant hurt to ask

/ Ordered a 5045E
I was looking at the 5000 series before I found my kubota and had settled on the 5055 as a good blend of size and hp. Call the dealer and ask how much to step up to the 5055 for the extra pto hp? cant hurt to ask
MSRP difference is $2588. Reasonable I suppose but you have to stop somewhere and I'm probably fine where I am. After all they didn't design those tractors to be useless or lost leads. For $2588 I can get a kick butt set of snaggle toothed chains and a soft cab for winter snow removal. Then I can start looking for a good 3PTH set of eight foot discs. I have a set of two bottom plows that only need one coulter replaced. The deer are going to be eye deep in clover on their new food plots just 150 yards from my stand.:licking:

/ Ordered a 5045E #20  
Report how back and let us know how the 37pto hp in that chassis works out.
Good luck with the food plots