Ordered a 5045E

/ Ordered a 5045E
Status report.
I had to check with the dealer just to verify that my tractor was on it's way. Couldn't resit it any longer.:eek: Nothing to report other then that the loader will probably get here first. Dealers says they will only need a couple of days to get it ready. Either he has forgot all the dealer installed options in his quote or he has a much better team in the shop then the other dealers talked about around here. Of course they have been on the same lot for seventy five years and my puny order will not raise an eyebrow there. Still looking at late June.:(

/ Ordered a 5045E #23  
That's not a long wait at all;) I ordered my 4520 at the end of Jan - with any luck it appeared at the dealer today and will be ready by memorial day (like you I may have ordered an option or two:) ). The first 3 months of waiting wasn't too bad - the last few weeks though....

/ Ordered a 5045E
Bump!
I thought it was a good time to bump this thread. The predicted date of my tractors arrival is just three days away. I say predicted instead of promised as I wouldn't ask anyone to promise me something over which they have no control. If it comes in and the dealers team is as good as they say it is I might have it for next weekend. Should start a pool on when it rolls off the truck into my yard! If it came tomorow I wouldn't be able to turn the key until next weekend anyway so for me it is which weekend I can get it for not which day.
I think I've been more patient then average. I have only called the dealer once in two months asking for an update. That will get harder to do after the 20th prediction passes.
I have developed a pet theory on JD caps and logo clothing thrown in on a new tractor.
In my imagination (no real evidence to support it ) when you order a new tractor they put a cap or two into a box along with a bunch of useful things like hitch pins and perhaps a logo vest or jacket and a chit for a full tank of fuel.
But then every time you call the dealer to check on your order or heaven forbid change some detail of it they take something out of your box and return it to stock. The guy that never calls gets the whole box, the guy that calls every other day for three months gets an empty box and enough fuel to drive 100 yards.
I haven't hit the dealer up for any freebies and I'm just going to let them do what they want then report to you all here what if anything they throw in on a 30K deal with no trade and no hassel.

/ Ordered a 5045E
Well I stopped in at the dealers on my way home last night. The Son that sold me the 5045E was out with a family emergency and my tractor hasn't shown up yet but the loader and cutter were there. The Father said it might come in today and they would call me today with a status report. I told him it wasn't a panic as I was working and wouldn't be able to use it before Friday anyway. He said if it came in today they would be able to deliver it Saturday.:thumbsup:

/ Ordered a 5045E #26  
Man, I'm glad there's finally a tractor in sight. I missed the reason for the long wait, why did it take JD so long to get you one?

/ Ordered a 5045E
kiotiken said:
Man, I'm glad there's finally a tractor in sight. I missed the reason for the long wait, why did it take JD so long to get you one?

They shipped it from the factory in India

/ Ordered a 5045E #28  
Long ways coming from India! Hopefully you'll be in the seat soon:thumbsup: Can't wait to see the pictures;)

/ Ordered a 5045E
There will be pictures but I have to find out how best to post them here . I have used photo bucket on other sites but not lately. And I might have to start over as I haven't a clue what my password ways. Anybody got a quick primer on how to post a pic here??

/ Ordered a 5045E #30