Ordered a 5609 today

/ Ordered a 5609 today
Actually MF does ofer the Dyna in a smaller tractor, my 1660 I just bought last month has one in it. I got the chance to put a few hours on it while home, love it so far.

View attachment 342035

The DynaQPS is similar, but doesn't have all the features of the Dyna-4 or Dyna-6. You still need to clutch to change ranges in the DynaQPS and you don't with the Dyna-4/6. Still a nice system for those that want something like, yet different, than a hyrdostatic transmission.

/ Ordered a 5609 today
That is a nice machine! What all do you plan to use it for?

Primary duties are dragging the arena and mowing. Secondary is fetching round bales, planting posts, loading/unloading pallets, grapple work, etc., etc., etc.

/ Ordered a 5609 today #25  
The DynaQPS is similar, but doesn't have all the features of the Dyna-4 or Dyna-6. You still need to clutch to change ranges in the DynaQPS and you don't with the Dyna-4/6. Still a nice system for those that want something like, yet different, than a hyrdostatic transmission.

Absolutely, I do need to clutch to change ranges, gear changes are clutchless with push button on top of the range select lever, shuttle lever on steering column to change direction, no need to clutch or decellerate to change direction.

That 6 post cab on yours looks nice too, very nice fit and finish inside.

/ Ordered a 5609 today #26  
Very similar to what I plan to use mine for, along with snow removal in the winter

/ Ordered a 5609 today #27  
This article explains the functions of the transmission better than the mishmash I posted. :confused2: 2013 Massey Ferguson 5609 Cab Tractor Review

I missed this link when you first posted it. I just read through it, and boy oh boy do I hope they make a miniature version of that tractor someday! It's just a liiiiitle on the large side for me. :)

I really like the "combined flow" option for the additional hydraulic flow at the remotes. Also, I think the auto-N feature would come in incredibly handy when doing a lot of loader work.

/ Ordered a 5609 today
Very similar to what I plan to use mine for, along with snow removal in the winter

No snow down here. Well, if there is, it never sticks around long enough to worry about it.

/ Ordered a 5609 today #29  
I love winter but there were times over the last 15 or so years clearing snow with our open station 135 I'd wished there wasn't any snow up here either, but I'm looking forward to doing it in a shirt while listening to my favorite radio station drinking a hot chocolate this year.

/ Ordered a 5609 today
We can do the same thing down here during the winter on an open station tractor. :laughing: