Ordered a 5609 today

/ Ordered a 5609 today #41  
Fine looking machine, looks like lots of room in the cab.

/ Ordered a 5609 today #42  
I am very impressed. Massey is doing a nice job with these.

/ Ordered a 5609 today #43  
Check the manual for the speed the 4x4 automaticly disengages. On mine it was set to low and 4x4 disegaged at paddock speed,16 or 17 km/h I think it was. On my hills it was dangerous as you thought you were in 4x4 when you were actually in 2wd, especially doing loader work.
The auto shift is the cats whiskers for loader work.

/ Ordered a 5609 today
It is an extremely impressive piece of equipment. If you go with the large frame models - 5611 and up, there are even more options. Reading through the manual, I discovered you can set the rate of slip. With my JD, you pretty much have to set in 4x4 all the time. The auto-mode is about useless. By the time it detects slippage and engages the front axle, its too late. Then, as soon as you regain traction, it disengages and you start slipping again. Its best to put it in two wheel or 4x4 and leave it.

Hoping the Massey will be better on fuel too. Being able to monitor fuel usage by task, by lifetime, and by hours per gallon (near real time) is a nice feature. Lots of things to discover on this machine. And so far Massey Ferguson has been extremely helpful and friendly. The area rep is extremely knowledgeable and appears to be a straight shooter (recommendations on dealers, machines, options, etc).

Cannot wait to put the machine to work.

/ Ordered a 5609 today
Check the manual for the speed the 4x4 automaticly disengages. On mine it was set to low and 4x4 disegaged at paddock speed,16 or 17 km/h I think it was. On my hills it was dangerous as you thought you were in 4x4 when you were actually in 2wd, especially doing loader work.
The auto shift is the cats whiskers for loader work.

According to the manual, the 4x4 automatically disengages at 12 mph. For what I do, that should be fine.

/ Ordered a 5609 today #46  
Congrats on your new tractor sounds like a nice tractor.

/ Ordered a 5609 today #47  
What were they asking before trade-in (if you don't mind me asking)?

That's a lot of tractor.

/ Ordered a 5609 today
List price came out to around $92,000. I got 32% off of that with the Equine Savings Program. I'm getting $32,500 for my trade-in (shame nobody bought the JD. They would have gotten a great price on it), leaving me about $30,000 to finance. Should be paid off in a couple years.

What were they asking before trade-in (if you don't mind me asking)?

That's a lot of tractor.

/ Ordered a 5609 today
You can find more information here: Equine Equipment Savings. Basically, if you're involved with horses - boarding, training, selling, buying, etc., you qualify for substantial discounts on several products - like Massey Ferguson tractors.

No catch, no gimmick, no crazy sales pitch. Agco is trying to break into the equine market. The majority of tractors sold are 100 hp or less. They want to tap into that market and this is one method of getting their brand out there.