Other 1/2 of Barn for Caretaker

/ Other 1/2 of Barn for Caretaker #11  
We built a caretaker apartment in our metal building nearly 5 years ago. We still live in it........

/ Other 1/2 of Barn for Caretaker #12  
"More tie in detail on old barn side."

Seems questionable the method in which you tied in the hayloft beams to the existing wall. W/out the hayloft beams sitting on a single beam across the load bearing wall.. the load is being transferred on to single 2x4 studs. Maybe there is something not seen in the picture?

I'm not saying it won't work.. def. more TBN members here that know more then I do.. maybe someone else would chim in.

/ Other 1/2 of Barn for Caretaker #13  
Cracker, Nice looking project,Can't wait to see it finished sounds like its going the look great... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Great veiw of property (Nice spread)

HEY the guy who stole the wheels of the honda is sitting in the driveway in the green Z71 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Other 1/2 of Barn for Caretaker
kensfarm

Inside the walls each support that holds up the hay loft beams has two 2x4s all the way to the floor to carry the weight.. .

/ Other 1/2 of Barn for Caretaker #15  
Hey Fl Cracker..... looks great! let see some more pics as you progress. Also, doesn't look like SE Florida landscape... could this be in N Ga.?

That's correct.... North GA is my farming location. When I get back to Florida I become the 1/2 acre lot homeowner. It's Florida to work and make money and GA to get away from it all..... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

See attached picture for a Florida landscape.

Attachments

• 697265-R0011624 (Small).JPG
    697265-R0011624 (Small).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 451
   / Other 1/2 of Barn for Caretaker #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( See attached picture for a Florida landscape. )</font>

I could live with that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Other 1/2 of Barn for Caretaker #18  
Me Too!! The closest I can cometo that is my horses water trough /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We have made some good progress in the last two weeks. Monday we start adding the log siding. The week after that will do the rock waynes coating. For now all the rough electric is in and main service panel has been switched to 200amp box.

Attachments

• 714233-Barn_Ready_For_Siding.JPG
    714233-Barn_Ready_For_Siding.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 318
This show show the breeze way ceiling. We had the roof metal supplier run the metal with the color on the bottom. (Brown) Then you screw it to the ceiling and it hides all the beams. This get rid of all the places for bees and spiders.

Attachments

• 714236-Ceiling_Tin.JPG
    714236-Ceiling_Tin.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 357