other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #21  
1989 Silverado 1500 sold it running great with 240,000 miles on it. I put 2 transmissions in it, the 700R4 wasn't the greatest.
1999 Silverado 1500 bought used, sold it when I bought new 2004 Silverado 1500 X-Cab. Still have it, LOVE IT!

Attachments

• 000_1148.jpg
    000_1148.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 111
   / other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #22  
I've been on GM/Chevy, F150, Ram and Tundra forums for several years researching trucks. And I still don't know which ones are most reliable! One problem is so many people are diehard fans of whichever brand and stick with it no matter what! Me, hey, I'll take a Yugo truck if I knew it was the most reliable (I know, there are no Yugo anythings)! No brand loyalty with me for trucks. Right now, I have a '93 Dakota 3.9 V6 - BEST vehicle I've ever owned! And, an '02 F150 Supercrew 5.4 V8, that seems to be okay, except leaking windshield that causes EXPENSIVE electronic module to corrode, very difficult spark plug replacement, etc. I only have 86K miles on it and had windshield resealed to keep water off the module. I had a '96 Chevy too, but it had the intake manifold gasket problem, $750 fuel pump, and transmission went out on it. It was getting too expensive to keep, so it's what I traded on the F150, thinking it would be better. But, now, from my research, I'm leaning toward the GM and Tundra. These boys who trade for new every 2-3 years just might be on to something! I used to think they were crazy, but sometimes trying to maintain an older truck won't cut it! I'm keeping me old Dakota though! Love that one!

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #23  
We bought a 2003 1500 4X4 with the 4.8 new. Still have it. We have a little rust on the rear bumper and we replaced the starter, the battery, the tires, and oil. Still running like a champ.
Cliff

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #24  
I've bought t a 2003 Silverado 1500 new. 148,000 miles a radiator, tires, oil and rear axle bearings runs great. I think I will get the injectors and throttle body cleaned next week should run even better then.

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #25  
We just took the plunge on a 2013 Ram with the 5.7 Hemi.. keeping our fingers crossed on this one!

Sean

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #26  
I will say this - I ain't never seen nary truck I didn't like! And, I do think the GMs are good ones. I probably should have just spent the $700 to get intake manifold gasket fixed on the '96 I had and kept it. I think I'd have been better off. If I could afford it, I'd go buy a brand new one of some brand, leather seats and all! REAL leather, that is, none of that so called German leather mess that's not from a dead cow! Kill cow, eat, use hide the way God intended cow hide to be used - seats, clothes, etc.!

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #27  
I had a 2006 Tahoe Z71 and my old '96 Tahoe 2 door, about 5 years ago I sold the late model one and all my other vehicles except one classic and now it's just my wife's ride dujour and my '96 with 163000. I got tired of the upkeep and insurance on a bunch of stuff when you can't drive but one at the time. My old Tahoe has caused some bad habits though. It's so reliable it's like a hammer, you never check it you just pick it up and use it. Never used any oil, never a breakdown, ever. Replaced one steering rod end or some small piece at about 130k. Gas mileage is about normal for a 350 5000lb 4x4, 14-17. I can buy a lot of gas though for what a new truck payment costs and I just don't care, I don't need a status symbol anymore, screw the Jone's!:laughing:

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #28  
We just took the plunge on a 2013 Ram with the 5.7 Hemi.. keeping our fingers crossed on this one!

Sean

Let us know how that new ride works out Sean, we bought our first Chrysler this year a 2013 Town and Country. Always had GM and Ford before. We shall see.

James K0UA

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #29  
Here is mine, bought it new in 08, it has a little over 90000 miles on the ticker. It had been a good truck, replaced upper a arms a couple a weeks ago, due to the weight of the winch and stress of the leveling kit. Also front left wheel bearing and rear brakes. The wheel bearing was under warranty. This has been the best Chevy I have owned yet. It gets worked pretty hard on the farm and gravel roads. Oh it's a 1500 cc lt with leather. Previous truck was a 06 regular cab 4x4 wt with the 4.8, it was a awesome truck. I have the 5.3 in this one with cylinder deactivation. Something I could do without. I really liked the 4.8 engine. LUTT

Attachments

• image-1618284724.jpg
    image-1618284724.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 86
   / other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #30  
I had an '88, '97, and now an '07. My favorite was the '97. The limited-slip rear-end would put that truck through places in 2 wheel drive that the other trucks needed 4 wheel drive.