other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #31  
Let us know how that new ride works out Sean, we bought our first Chrysler this year a 2013 Town and Country. Always had GM and Ford before. We shall see.

James K0UA

Yeah, I hear that.. our first Chrysler product too. I still laugh about the "5-sided mark of the devil written all over it", there's something about a company that uses a pentagram as their logo that vaguely worries me.

Sean

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #32  
Yeah, I hear that.. our first Chrysler product too. I still laugh about the "5-sided mark of the devil written all over it", there's something about a company that uses a pentagram as their logo that vaguely worries me.

Sean

Well, hadn't thought of that:eek: So far so good on the "devil car" Lots of nice features at a reasonable price.

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #33  
Don't buy a 2007 - 2013 chevy Silverado. Junk in my opinion. I'm a Chevy fan and love and have had great luck with the older models. I bought brand new a 2008 Silverado Crew Cab. Same motor as my older body style 2005 the 5.3l. Lost 2 miles to the gallon in gas mileage, rattle / noises in the interior, burns over a qt of oil every 3000 miles (GM says this is normal??) The seats pick up every type of lint and is very hard to clean, replaced the transmission lines at 75K due to them leaking, rough idle. And a few other issues that I can't think of now. Dealership is aware of my concerns and just says that they see this in all the newer trucks. Google these and everyone is having problems. Some diehard GM fans will say no to the issues that I mentioned and not admit it but they are kidding themselves. Contacted GM hotline on these issues and get no where. I may be looking at a F150 for my next truck purchase.

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #34  
Don't buy a 2007 - 2013 chevy Silverado. Junk in my opinion. I'm a Chevy fan and love and have had great luck with the older models. I bought brand new a 2008 Silverado Crew Cab. Same motor as my older body style 2005 the 5.3l. Lost 2 miles to the gallon in gas mileage, rattle / noises in the interior, burns over a qt of oil every 3000 miles (GM says this is normal??) The seats pick up every type of lint and is very hard to clean, replaced the transmission lines at 75K due to them leaking, rough idle. And a few other issues that I can't think of now. Dealership is aware of my concerns and just says that they see this in all the newer trucks. Google these and everyone is having problems. Some diehard GM fans will say no to the issues that I mentioned and not admit it but they are kidding themselves. Contacted GM hotline on these issues and get no where. I may be looking at a F150 for my next truck purchase.

I noticed the lint thing in my 2007 gmc. I use my wifes laundry lint roller thing 3 or 4 times a year on the seats. I was lead to belive by several people that I was the only one in the world with the problem. I don't know where all the lint comes from.

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #35  
Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #36  
Hmmm, CHEVROLET? Now Red, you kindly stretched that one! Good job on that acronym though!

JMER, my problem is that I am on many truck forums, and keep reading of various issues on all makes. Now, I know people don't post so much if no problems, but you can still get a general idea of which makes might be less troublesome. Problem is, that if MY truck is giving me problems, I don't care what every one else is saying about how good X brand is. All in all, the Tundra boys seem to be about the most satisfied with their trucks. I'll just test drive them all, and wind up buying used again.

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #37  
We did a lot of research on trucks before purchasing ours in June 2011. We bought the Silverado's cousin - a 2007 Sierra Crew Cab, 1500, 5.3 L, 4x4, swb, it is the latter version of the '07 lineup. It suits our needs well. To date, it has been a trouble free truck, and we really like it. We found this one with all the options (more than we needed) to haul honeybees :bumblebee:, trailers and people around. I wanted a longer 8 foot box, but we (wife and I) compromised and bought a "bed extender" for it, so their is more room for cargo capacity. My wife is the primary driver as it is her truck for the business - I get to sit in it occasionally:cool2:, and drive it to town for oil changes / servicing :laughing::laughing:.

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #38  
I noticed the lint thing in my 2007 gmc. I use my wifes laundry lint roller thing 3 or 4 times a year on the seats. I was lead to belive by several people that I was the only one in the world with the problem. I don't know where all the lint comes from.

Tell your dealer. There is a bulletin that if you complain about it they will relace the seat fabric with a different type. We had two trucks seats reskinned for free. Not going to look it up for you but can be found by searching dieselplace.com

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #39  
Here is read on customer satisfaction worth the read. I'll place the link, but will also cut and paste the article

Porsche tops in annual survey of vehicle quality | Fox News

"Porsche is the top performer in an annual survey of new vehicle quality.

J.D. Power questioned more than 83,000 U.S. car owners about problems with their 2013 vehicles in the first 90 days of ownership.

In the results released Wednesday, Porsche, GMC, Lexus, Infiniti and Chevrolet owners reported the fewest problems. The worst performing brands were Scion, Fiat, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Mini.

The top complaints this year involved voice recognition systems that didn't understand commands and Bluetooth systems that didn't connect to drivers' phones. Wind noise was also a big complaint.

Honda had the top-performing small car and small SUV, with the Honda Civic and Honda CR-V. The highest-ranking midsize car was the Toyota Camry.

Chevrolet had the best pickups, with the Avalanche and Silverado.

Rankings by brand (problems per 100 vehicles and how much they moved up or down in the rankings from last year.)

1. Porsche (80, +2)

2. GMC (90, +10)

3. Lexus (94, -2)

4. Infiniti (95, +3)

5. Chevrolet (97, +10)

6. Acura (102, same)

7. Toyota (102, +1)

8. Honda (103, -3)

9. Jaguar (104, -7)

10. Hyundai (106, +8)

11. Kia (106, +8)

12. Mercedes-Benz (106, -3)

13. Audi (108, +3)

14. Cadillac (108, -10)

15. Buick (109, +2)

16. Chrysler (109, +9)

17. Lincoln (113, +3)

18. BMW (114, -8)

19. Volvo (114, +2)

20. Smart (115, +19)

21. Land Rover (116, +7)

22. Jeep (118, +1)

23. Volkswagen (120, +8)

24. Mazda (125, -13)

25. Subaru (128, -3)

26. Dodge (130, +3)

27. Ford (131, same)

28. Ram (132, -14)

29. Mini (135, +3)

30. Nissan (142, -17)

31. Mitsubishi (148, -1)

32. Fiat (154, +1)

33. Scion (161, +1)

----------

Top models in most popular segments:

Compact Cars: Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Honda Insight

Midsize Cars: Toyota Camry, Hyundai Sonata, Buick Regal

Compact Crossover SUVs: Honda CR-V, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Chevrolet Equinox

Light-Duty Pickup: Chevrolet Avalanche, GMC Sierra, Chevrolet Silverado

Read more: Porsche tops in annual survey of vehicle quality | Fox News

/ other owners thoughts of the chevy silverado 1500 #40  
While I don't argue with the basics of these surveys, they often are very skewed because many times the particular vehicle rated changed little or none from one year to the next. Yet you see them jump or fall 8-10 spots.