Out of state Maine vehicle and trailer registration

/ Out of state Maine vehicle and trailer registration #31  
I have three trailers with Maine plates. As long as they are under 7,000lbs they don't require inspections. I do an annual inspection myself that is more extensive than the state's anyway. I have a semi plated in NY. It costs $28.75 if I go the full year. Usually it's for 8 months, so it costs about $18.00, that it is close to what Maine charges. It's another $10 for the inspection, as it's well over 7K in weight. For a NYer to pay $45 for a boat trailer that is used twice a year is crazy. But that is NY, land of fees and taxes.

/ Out of state Maine vehicle and trailer registration #32  
I have three trailers with Maine plates. As long as they are under 7,000lbs they don't require inspections. I do an annual inspection myself that is more extensive than the state's anyway. I have a semi plated in NY. It costs $28.75 if I go the full year. Usually it's for 8 months, so it costs about $18.00, that it is close to what Maine charges. It's another $10 for the inspection, as it's well over 7K in weight. For a NYer to pay $45 for a boat trailer that is used twice a year is crazy. But that is NY, land of fees and taxes.
Yep. It cost my $59 to re-register my car for next two years, it never weighs less than 4200# with me in it and it sees at least 10,000 miles per year on NY roads. By comparison, a trailer registered for 3000# that might see 1000 miles per year (most of which it weighs 1000# or less) costs $32 per year...

Its nuts I tell you.

Aaron Z

/ Out of state Maine vehicle and trailer registration #33  
For a NYer to pay $45 for a boat trailer that is used twice a year is crazy. But that is NY, land of fees and taxes.

I think my 3 trailers are $75 each per year in NY. 2 have Maine plates. $99 for 5 years.
The other has all the graphics for my business so I keep the NY tag on that. However, it's not used from November to early April. So I let it expire every December (when all trailer registrations in NY expire, regardless of when you registered originally). When I renew in spring the fee is prorated, so I'm not really paying for the months it sits idle.
When I owned a boat, I took the plate off of another trailer to get two miles to the boat ramp to put it in in May. Then did the same in October to remove it for storage.

/ Out of state Maine vehicle and trailer registration #34  
Yep. It cost my $59 to re-register my car for next two years, it never weighs less than 4200# with me in it and it sees at least 10,000 miles per year on NY roads. By comparison, a trailer registered for 3000# that might see 1000 miles per year (most of which it weighs 1000# or less) costs $32 per year...
I had a 3500# boat trailer in MA, $155.