Pat's Easy Change Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online!

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #181  
I just install my set of Pat's Easy Change that I purchased a few months ago. I was glad I had them on hand, as my check chain siezed up on me after box blading and the only way to hook up ,my rake was with the Pat's.

They were easy to install, and the seem to work well.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #182  
dirtdiggerdug said:
Just installed my Pat's Easy Hitch System yesterday on my Kubota B7800. Lined up the hook on the lift arm using the shim, set screws, and tightened down U bolt. Backed up to my KK boxblade and the hooks looked to line up nice and square to the lift pins. But, when I lift the boxblade the top of the hooks tend to pull inward, which puts all contact on the inner side surface of the hook. I guess this all comes about because the balls on the end of the lift arms are unable to rotate as they normally would. Anyone know of a way to correct this problem or is it okay to just use it like that? All input will be appreciated and thanks.

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm seeing a similar problem on my B2620. I found that I could eventually get the hook to not tip inward by tightening the inner lower and outer upper screws as much as possible, but this also made it so PEC unit points outward a bit rather than straight back.

How important is it to have perfect or near perfect alignment?

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #183  
I have the same question about the set screws. I understand they are used to align the PEC plumb to the lift arms. However, when using implements with pins of varying widths, the PEC will sit square to some pins and be slightly off with others.

In other words, if my arms are set 26'' apart and I plumb the PEC and tighten the set screws, the PEC will be square to the pin on any implement with pins 26'' apart. When I move to another implement with pins 21" apart, the PEC is no longer square to the pins and the hooks will sit at a slight angle to the pins.

What is the advantage of using the set screws and tightening the PEC to the arms? Why not use the main pin through the ball in the lift arm and the shim and leave the set screws loose (or off) and allow the PEC to move left or right on the arm. By doing this, the PEC can self align to the pins on the implement being used.... this is no different then the ball in the arm rotating. What am i missing about the use of the set screws? Thanks

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #184  
Ordered mine today for my Kubota B7610. I love things that make life simplier, especially when dealing with tractor implements.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #185  
Just wanted to update my previous post. Great product.

I can change from my rake to my box blade in under 10 minutes with no grunting, swearing, or messing with my bound turnbuckles. I would recommend this product to everyone.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #186  
I ordered my system online and recieved it within 3 days. Pat's Easy Change System With Stabilizer Bar installation was very easy. The system has made the change out of the heavier implements an effortless task.
This product is everything it is suppose to be. I should have bought one a lot earlier. I must have gotten the new version because I don't have the adjusting screw for the disconnect. Mine has a tab w/spring and a swivel piece that holds hitch open. Thanks again Pat.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #187  
I don't have too many implements yet but I am concerned about these fitting into the slots on my kubota backhoe. There doesn't seem much room for the width and height of the PEC. I now have my BH nice and stable on the 3PH. Will the PEC introduce any amount of slop in the 3PH ?

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #188  
I know I know.
No pics, no answer.
Here is the 3pt connection onto my backhoe. Anyone think PEC will fit and be tight?
Side, front, top views

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #189  
denmansoft,

I don't think they would fit your backhoe. It looks like from the picture the bumper would hit. You could measure. You would need 5" inches of clearance. Backhoes are really hard to fit on a quick attach, because of the way they are made. Also, another consideration is that PEC extends your arms 3-1/2" so you would need to check your top connections for the extra length. Hope this answers your questions.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #190  
Thanks Pat.
The Top connection has a 2 peice arrangement that looks like it could extend, but I was mostly concerned with getting the 'bumpers' and bolts/setscrews etc. into that tight space.
I guess I'll wait until I'm using other implements more than the BH to get a set.

Ian