Pat's Easy Change Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online!

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #61  
Re: Pat\'s Easy Change System - Order Online!

Cool, thanks Bob! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I should have just PM'd you - I was wondering if you'd have a similar setup and could answer my question. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, my Midwest RB22-60 (blade) and LR20-72 (rake) came in on Friday - I know you had some questions on the rake, so PM me if you want some feedback.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #62  

I guess my real question is, do you think it would be possible to remove the blade from the blade's 3pt frame and use the rake on the blade's 3pt frame? Or put another way, are the 3pt frames for the blade and the rake the same frame with different heads (blade or rake) attached? I am thinking of just getting the rake head assembly and substituting the swivel screw with a heavy duty quick attach pin?!?

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #63  

Yes, it looks like you'd be able to unbolt the blade and bolt on the rake. But I'll have to look more closely to see if a quick attach could be used - I think the swivel screw and nut may need to stay, so switching between the blade and rake might be a bit of a chore.

I had thought about doing that initially, but I'm glad I got the 2 complete units because right now with the work I'm doing, I'm switching back and forth more than once a day. That's why I want a set of the Pat's easy change system. I didn't bother to ask Midwest if I could get the one frame with both a blade and rake - I looked into it with the Landpride, and it was $250 more for that setup, but only another $125 on top of that for 2 complete Landpride units, so that's how I justified getting the 2 Midwest units, and the rear blade is definitely nicer than the Landpride one.

Plus, my neighbor and I will be sharing implements (well, he'll use my blade, or rake, or tiller, because I use his BX22), so I just figured 2 complete units with their own frames would be the easiest, along with being a bit more $$. The complete rake with frame was $367 - I'd bet the rake only would run $200-$250. PM me for the contact over at Midwest - you can call him with questions, get a price (if they'll sell the rake only), and have him ship it directly to you (or you can go pick it up in Harrisburg, Ill).

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #64  

I was thinking of having a machine shop turn a jumbo size quick attach pin to replace the standard swivel screw!!! That way, I think you'd only have to pull the pin to disengage the blade from the frame and then replace it to install the rake head???

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #65  

Started using the Easy Change system on my BX22 and works fine for my rotary mower and chipper. Had to remove the system yesterday as I bought a Woods 48 inch box blade (Estate series for smaller tractors). The attachment point on the blade is too small for the Easy Change jaws to work with, they are basically the same size as the jaw so was very touchy to get lined up, then any movement at all of the blade caused it to slip out-- about an inch longer and I would have been able to put in the pin to hold the plate supplied with the Easy Change. I think it would have worked fine. May look to find a longer grade 8 bolt and nuts to see if I can make it work, has anyone else ran in to a similar situation?

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #66  

It works great on my Snowblower, rake and chipper. Unfortunately it would not fit on my backhoe.
-Terry

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #67  

I just bought mine last week for the BX-22. Wonderful addtion to the tractor and a lot simpler and less expensive than the fancier two-piece quick attach systems. Bravo, Pat!

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #68  

I recently called to order some more of their special washers for the ends of the hitch pins. They sent them right out and I sent a check when I received the invoice.

Good folks to work with.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #69  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I recently called to order some more of their special washers for the ends of the hitch pins. They sent them right out and I sent a check when I received the invoice.

Good folks to work with. )</font>

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for those washers? I'd like to order about a dozen too.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #70  

I ordered three sets, six washers, and I think it was around $12 or so. Might have been a little higher. I'd have to check the checkbook!

A fellow could make their own I guess, but I'd have to buy a vice first!