Pay at the Pump With Cash

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #11  
It is absolutely clear the trend in our society is away from cash and toward card and electronic payments.

I cannot imagine many businesses investing in equipment to take cash. Reconciling cash is labor intensive.

At my Walmart I see hordes of customers doing self checkout at machines which only take cards and electronic payments. These machines have replaced several humans, reducing Walmart's labor costs. Obviously, consumers like the experience.

If I cannot pay with a card at the pump, I go elsewhere.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #12  
This is the first I've heard of pumps that take cash. Since the self checkout machines in the grocery stores take cash, I'm not surprised they're making gas pumps that take cash. I'm one of those who still uses credit cards for nearly everything. And I check pretty frequently on the Internet for any charges that I don't recognize.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #13  
It is absolutely clear the trend in our society is away from cash and toward card and electronic payments.

I cannot imagine many businesses investing in equipment to take cash. Reconciling cash is labor intensive.

At my Walmart I see hordes of customers doing self checkout at machines which only take cards and electronic payments. These machines have replaced several humans, reducing Walmart's labor costs. Obviously, consumers like the experience.

If I cannot pay with a card at the pump, I go elsewhere.

Same here. I thought cash payments were going away, but I frequently miss my guess about what's coming in the future.:laughing: We now have lots of Aldi grocery stores (small stores) all over this area. When they started, they only took cash or debit cards, but it wasn't long at all (just a few months) until they started taking credit cards. And now we have some of the WinCo Foods stores (huge stores) that only take cash or debit cards. Who knows how long that will last?

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #14  
Good to see you back, EPIC BIRD. There have been search parties looking for you.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #15  
It is absolutely clear the trend in our society is away from cash and toward card and electronic payments. I cannot imagine many businesses investing in equipment to take cash. Reconciling cash is labor intensive. At my Walmart I see hordes of customers doing self checkout at machines which only take cards and electronic payments. These machines have replaced several humans, reducing Walmart's labor costs. Obviously, consumers like the experience. If I cannot pay with a card at the pump, I go elsewhere.
The local Hardee's have electronic machines to take your order. You get a 10 percent discount for using the machine. It's quite a bit slower to use, the reason for a discount. The self checkout at the grocery store still take cash.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #16  
//
Lady behind the counter said "it don't matter that hes closed, the pumps are still on. Just slide you money thru the mail slot on the door."
Sure enough the pumps were on, we filled up and slid our cash thru the front door. On the floor you could see a pile of cash from previous purchases.
Love small town America!!
That's awesome. You still see that around here at farm stands, but 24 hour gas pumps are all Debit/Credit that I've seen.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #17  
I've used several of them along I5 between Portland and Seattle. I stopped when one of them stole my $20 bill and didn't give me any fuel. I marched right inside and demanded the fuel, but it took about 20 minutes to get a manager on the phone and authorize the transaction. Won't be doing that again. It was at an AM/PM-Aarco station, which have a reputation for poor fuel anyways.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #18  
The last time I went into a "Small Town America" gas station, the pump didn't work; so I went in to see what's up? Out comes another shaded attendant that could hardly speak English.....Guess that was a Mom & Pop place of a different origin. Sure did surprise me.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #19  
The local Hardee's have electronic machines to take your order. You get a 10 percent discount for using the machine. It's quite a bit slower to use, the reason for a discount. The self checkout at the grocery store still take cash.

We don't have Hardee's in this part of the country, but I liked the ones in West Virginia on the many trips we took to visit my wife's family. But I've been in a couple of places here that have started that electronic machine ordering, but I haven't used one myself because it was with our daughter and 12 year old granddaughter and they knew how to do it. And yep, some of our grocery store self checkout machines take cash. Walmart has labels to tell you which machines do and which do not, or maybe it's just which ones do not give you any cash.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #20  
Near me you pump first then pay unless you travel to the citys