Pay at the Pump With Cash

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #32  
/ And the first time I started to put gas in my truck out there, a retarded young man came out and was in his glory at getting to bawl someone out before he took over with putting the gas in the truck. Of course, he waited to come out of the station until after I started putting the gas in. He got it nearly 3/4 full before he quit. But it really made his day getting to bawl someone out. And I just didn't reply at all. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.
If you have a motorcycle in NJ, they just hand you the nozzle and stand there. Nobody's going to let them fuel your bike.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #33  
When I was in Jersey I took the pump and put it in the tank a man came out of the station and yelled at me!

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #34  
We were visiting our son on the west coast and surprised that it was against the law to pump your own gas, only a trained attendant was allowed to do so.
Apparently a state law.

We just got the rights to pump our own fuel is rural areas at night when no attendants are on duty otherwise there are parts of the state that have on fuel sales over the weekend. We still are too stupid to pump our own fuel and must have people that usually do not graduate from high school to do it.

I always wanted to know who was supposed to come home with me to pour the gas into the tanks.

David

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #35  
Now don't belittle the guys that pump the fuel. It was a great job "back in the day" for guys in high school to get their first experience in learning how to work and hold a job. It was the "macho" thing for the guys in High School to get those jobs. I was fortunate that my family had farming operation and did heavy equipment earth moving and such for others. Frankly, for that reason alone, I wouldn't have any problem with states mandating such things like having someone pump the gas for the customer. When we all went to self serve, it eliminated a lot of jobs for high schoolers. Nowadays, many school kids have very limited opportunities to "get their feet wet" working in the real world and have no experiences until after they finish high school, when they should be already moving into real jobs. Even in the smaller town that is near me, off the cuff I can envision about 15 jobs that high schoolers could do pumping gas and such at gas stations. They would also get some well rounded experience in doing other tasks around the station. How self centered and myopic we have become.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #36  
Same here. I thought cash payments were going away, but I frequently miss my guess about what's coming in the future.:laughing: We now have lots of Aldi grocery stores (small stores) all over this area. When they started, they only took cash or debit cards, but it wasn't long at all (just a few months) until they started taking credit cards. And now we have some of the WinCo Foods stores (huge stores) that only take cash or debit cards. Who knows how long that will last?

That's because Aldi (like many other places) know when they take credit cards, people will spend more $$. They will spend what they don't have ,and worry about making payments later

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #37  
I can't believe Neuyorkistan hasn't caught on to that angle yet. I think what you find is that outfits like ARC toss their weight around and cajole, browbeat whatever many places into using their people. I have heard that tale told much around here when it came to cleaning services used by government offices ect.
You might get the mentally challenged to do that job but believe me you won't get the Hudsters or Welfare crew in there. That's way too much like work for most of them . Besides their EBT is refilled automatically for their daily trip to Wallmart so why be bothered with something like work. You have to show up on time and whats the fun in that?:thumbsup.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #38  
So, how many of you are seeing pumps in your area where you can insert green, foldable dead presidents and get fuel? In the last month I've been to two places with them, and I have to say I love the convenience. I will admit that I live in a rural area and there's not a lot of newly upgraded stations, so it's likely to be limited use for me. Last year I got hit with multiple credit card breaches, and in trying to thin down the chance of this happening again, I went to cash for fuel since there were a lot of reports of pay at the pump with credit being an easy target. This got to be a little tedious with going in to pay, coming out to pump, and then going back for change. It was even more so when I was driving my GM crew 6.0 at ~100 miles a day - the 2.8 looks to cut that issue in half at least, though I dunno if there is or will be much cash at the pump for diesel.

As much as I like the convenience I'm waiting for the news story of some half-wit wrapping a chain around the pump and dragging it off like you used to see with ATMs. I guess I will enjoy it while I can.
Whats the point, who carries cash anymore? I guess the ones that do always want to get $5 and 10 of fuel? I guess it will give you change, that's why I never pay cash, just a few years ago when It was so high you had to give the cash and go back in to get change if you could not pump it all (why I didn't use cash). Now its not as strict most places but who carries an extra $40+ all the time to get fuel? Back when $20 filled you up it wasent as big a deal I guess. But I hadly ever have cash now a days like most people. Everyone puts everything on a card, you actually get a discount for using a card (assuming you pay it off).

I think I had seen some of these 8 to 10 years ago, but only in a few spots.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #39  
Cash is my choice of payment and it pays off quite often. Cash rules!

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #40  
Whats the point, who carries cash anymore? I guess the ones that do always want to get $5 and 10 of fuel? I guess it will give you change, that's why I never pay cash, just a few years ago when It was so high you had to give the cash and go back in to get change if you could not pump it all (why I didn't use cash). Now its not as strict most places but who carries an extra $40+ all the time to get fuel? Back when $20 filled you up it wasent as big a deal I guess. But I hadly ever have cash now a days like most people. Everyone puts everything on a card, you actually get a discount for using a card (assuming you pay it off).

I think I had seen some of these 8 to 10 years ago, but only in a few spots.
I always pay cash.I really enjoy the idiots who pay with there debit/credit cards for a donut & coffee every morning.