Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love.

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #11  
Very nice.....hope it brings you and the family years of great service and rides!:thumbsup:

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #12  
I had a 99 burban loaded. It was an awesome vehicle. As good as any truck I ever owned. I would love to have another but kids are gone and I have no reason for one anymore. That's a kickass vehicle you have there. Good Luck with it!

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #13  
That is a beautiful Suburban....Once you own one, you'll always want to have one around...Congrats!!!

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #14  
Looks great! Does it have the single speed transfer case or the two speed unit with low range?

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love.
Thanks guys for all the good feedback. I worked at Arlington, Texas GM assembly when this bodystyle came out in 07. The plant has a great reputation for quality and direct run rate. IMO, it's the best looking large SUV in todays market.

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love.
Looks great! Does it have the single speed transfer case or the two speed unit with low range?

2 speed unit (4 low). Wouldn't have it any other way. I love the 6.2L in the Escalade's and Denali's but they are paired with a AWD T-case. I like the option of selecting and having low range.

IMG_20130331_200647_zps9cd1d359.jpg

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #17  
We have an '08 with the 4 spd tranny and 3.73 gears. When we bought there weren't s lot of choices available. GM was ready to go belly up. We literally bought it for 55 cents on the dollar. It had 13 miles on it when we picked it up. We now have 27k on it. We haven't had any issues with it. I made a couple trips to Cleveland back in the fall. Running 70-75, I was doing almost 19 mpg. On average we get 15. I tow our stock trailer and my utility trailer with it. Other than liking gas with the stock trailer it does fine. I've towed mom's 30' camper with it a couple times and it tows it just fine. I won't hook on to our camper with it because ours is so heavy.

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #18  
We just drove a 2013 Suburban 3K miles to Boston and beyond. It was an awesome vehicle but in Manhattan rush hour it seemed huge. :)

Not sure what engine it had but it was 2WD. I remember after driving to DC by way of WV/MD and spending the day in the city (nearly 900 miles) the MPG on that leg was 20.2 which I thought was good and better than our 2003 Escalade 2WD with the 5.3L engine. I think the 6 speed transmission may have helped MPG. The 6 speed was awesome in the mountains requiring no brake use for speed control but just the +/- button on the shifter. I have to say the 6 speed vs the old 4 speed transmission was a big plus with the manual shifting feature and dual OD. Tow/Haul will keep it out of 6th for the most part. The only way I could get it to shift into 6th in T/H mode was to quickly take my foot off of the gas at interstate speeds then it would upshift to the top OD gear. Now if one was really towing 6th gear might be counter productive anyway.

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #19  
Oh, we found an '09 when we bought the '08, I wanted the 6 speed, but I couldn't justify an extra 15k for one year newer (we bought Dec 08) and the 6 speed transmission those were the only differences.

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #20  
Friend makes his living towing a 22' tag enclosed trailer selling up and down California... he's tried them all and is now with a 3/4 ton Suburban... had a heck of a time finding a 3/4 that was not black... ended up having to travel a ways to get it...

Seems, at least last year... only one or two out of a hundred were 3/4 and for some reason most were black.