Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love.

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #21  
Congratulations, when I lived in TX the Suburban was the national car of TX. Beautiful!!

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #22  
Oh, we found an '09 when we bought the '08, I wanted the 6 speed, but I couldn't justify an extra 15k for one year newer (we bought Dec 08) and the 6 speed transmission those were the only differences.

I would say to the typical person the 4 vs 6 speed transmission would be a non concern in a practical sense. The down shifting is computer controlled as in if one was doing 80 and put it 1st gear it will only come down into a lower gear when the computer decides the RPM is low enough not to hit the rev limiter setting. However it will go to WOT position to permit getting to a lower gear faster if needed which is a funny feeling if not expected it. In serious mountains I have gone to WOT to force a downshift when going down a mountain then move the shift down to that new gear manually to make sure and not over rev the engine. Computers are a good thing for the most part. :)

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #23  
Sweet Sub Topkicker!

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love.
Sweet Sub Topkicker!

Thank you. I love this machine. Got Husky Liner mats put in all three rows and cargo area today. Ordered a Go Rhino black 3000 series push bar also. It's gonna look like the "POPO" in everyone's rearview when I get it installed.

Last edited:
   / Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #25  
Either the police or FBI! Make sure to wear a dark pair of aviator sunglasses when you drive it for full effect!

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #26  
No lie... my neighbor's son lives off-grid in the Santa Cruz Mountains... his Suburban is dark silver.

Anyway, he went to visit his kid the other night and son told him all the neigbors along the road wanted to know who got busted...

/ Picked up new Chevy Suburban Friday. In love. #27  
once you have a suburban you will always have one
1st one a 95 3/4 ton a bought to drive back and forth when we were building our lake house (loaded with tools and such)
2nd one is a 99 3/4 ton with a bbc loaded to the max back then
still have that one taught 2 kids to drive always felt safe with them in it
leave it hooked up to the horse trailer so when ever the wife and daughter want to go riding somewhere they just throw the horses in and go
might need to stop and get some gas at only 10 mpg but with the 44.5 gal tank who cares its paid for and is indestructible

The Go Rhino "pit bar" showed up today. Just got done installing it. Dig the new look.

IMG_20130404_035808_zps3e572c14.jpg

IMG_20130404_035820_zps6e8a2411.jpg

No lie... my neighbor's son lives off-grid in the Santa Cruz Mountains... his Suburban is dark silver.

Anyway, he went to visit his kid the other night and son told him all the neigbors along the road wanted to know who got busted...

Funny how even kids relate to these as police vehicles. They're on every show from CSI, The Mentalist, Justified, etc.....

Got some pics of the Husky Liner floor and cargo mats installed. Had these in almost every truck and SUV I've ever owned. The spill edges are great in snow and wet, muddy conditions. The fit is excellent. Made here in the U.S.A also.

Rear cargo mat w 3rd row seat up.
IMG_20130406_154832_zpsfa9e37eb.jpg

Rear cargo w seat down.
IMG_20130406_154936_zps09f012ca.jpg

3rd row mat.
IMG_20130406_155023_zps8ee02446.jpg

2nd row mat. (2 piece)
IMG_20130406_155048_zpscfad0fbc.jpg