Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #371  
My older son is still fighting his insurance company for damages from Ian in Sept 2022

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #373  
Hurricane Mathew was in 2016

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #374  
Hence why homeowners insurance in Florida is hard to obtain and not exactly cheap.

But - it’s offset by no state income tax.

That is why (imo) Florida has lots of wealthy folks and why real estate prices are quite steep.

Except for Maralago lol

18 million, right? ;)

Last edited:
   / Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #375  
We do not pay state income tax, but we do pay high property tax, atleast compared to ALA/GA. Expecr in the neighborhood of 2% of the property value per year (yes, there are homestead breaks, but for a new purchase, that's only a $50k reduction in assessed value). Point being, something like a $800k home, even 100% paid for, could be $1500 month in taxes, and another $900-1200 in insurance.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #376  
We spend winter in the Tampa area.

The amount of new construction (homes) is unbelievable. It’s amazing. People are coming from all over the Midwest and east coast —- as well as Canada.

I’m seeing prices in the $350 per sq foot range.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #377  
I raised all my prices on all my customers this year (I also raised most of them last year).

I wonder if some of my Customers who are firmly implanted on the other side of the aisle from me are beginning to realize that mowing prices are part of all the inflation we are now paying?

I feel like a lot of my customers don’t know that if fuel, oil, insurance, parts and service go higher on my end, that their prices aren’t going higher, too?

You’re dammed right they’re going higher.….I am not eating those higher input prices, either! YOU are!

I sent all my contracts out with higher prices and all came back signed with no complaining. Guess I didnt raise them enough?

Last edited:
   / Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #378  
We spend winter in the Tampa area.

The amount of new construction (homes) is unbelievable. It’s amazing. People are coming from all over the Midwest and east coast —- as well as Canada.

I’m seeing prices in the $350 per sq foot range.

#Freedom
#Low taxes

(and maybe #great weather)

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #379  
#Freedom
#Low taxes

(and maybe #great weather)

Yes yes and yes except in Summer!

It’s the fastest growing state in population for a reason (right behind South Carolina).

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #380  
What do South Carolina and Florida have in common? 😁