Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #381  
Funny, here in Texas, they keep telling us that we are the fastest growing state in the country. Just driving anywhere, it's easy to believe!!! We probably have the worse weather because Summer is so brutal, but with AC, it's livable. I always think that if the weather was nice here, we couldn't afford to live here. Summer used to help keep people away, but it's gotten so bad in other states that they are all moving here!!!

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #382  
So, Florida is a bit of a mix of lots of parts of the country. You want high class equestrian stuff; Ocala part of the world. You want actual country, southern state, you got the north central-north west. You want 'swamp people', you got Fort Pierce and the south west. You want Cuba, we got that. New Jersey, but not cold, sure, we have both the Villages, and Daytona. You want wako liberal college town, yep, Gainesville. Heck, seems the entire state of Maine ends up in Zephyr Hills, for some unknown reason. You want Memphis, but more murders, Jacksonville :)

They used to say Florida costs like a northern state but pays like a southern state; but that has somewhat started changing a bit, as far as pay.

Edit: Son took his girlfriend to Tallahassee for her FSU tour, and he texts me; how did you never mention Tallahassee had mountains? Bit of an overstatement, but we have area with topography.

Last edited:
   / Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor
Funny, here in Texas, they keep telling us that we are the fastest growing state in the country. Just driving anywhere, it's easy to believe!!! We probably have the worse weather because Summer is so brutal, but with AC, it's livable. I always think that if the weather was nice here, we couldn't afford to live here. Summer used to help keep people away, but it's gotten so bad in other states that they are all moving here!!!
Eddie, they tell us that there are 1000 people per day moving to Florida ( not 100% sure about the accuracy ) but I do know I am always asking myself "where did all these people come from?" in my daily travels, we have a country buffet resteraunt that I hit about twice a month and I used to know everyone that would be in the place eating, these days I struggle to recognize anyone. On the heat I have worked all over and am a native Florida cracker who didn't have any A/C until I was about 10 years old so I am pretty used to it, but I spent August and part of September 2020 working a hurricane in South Louisana from Lafayette all the way to Vinton about 8 miles from the Texas border and I don't know if it was the 7 days a week 16 hour days for 30+ days or just me getting older but I remember telling some of the girls that that part of the country at that particular time had to be a few miles closer to hell than anywhere I had ever been. 😄

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #384  
Eddie, they tell us that there are 1000 people per day moving to Florida ( not 100% sure about the accuracy ) but I do know I am always asking myself "where did all these people come from?" in my daily travels, we have a country buffet resteraunt that I hit about twice a month and I used to know everyone that would be in the place eating, these days I struggle to recognize anyone. On the heat I have worked all over and am a native Florida cracker who didn't have any A/C until I was about 10 years old so I am pretty used to it, but I spent August and part of September 2020 working a hurricane in South Louisana from Lafayette all the way to Vinton about 8 miles from the Texas border and I don't know if it was the 7 days a week 16 hour days for 30+ days or just me getting older but I remember telling some of the girls that that part of the country at that particular time had to be a few miles closer to hell than anywhere I had ever been. 😄

Prolly more like 3,000 with the open borders and all that other “constitutionally allowed” stuff.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #385  
I have lived in N Central and N East Florida for around 30 years now; in 4 or 5 different counties. I do like FLa, But more and more, I've thought, in the longer run, once kids graduate, I might want to move to the NE corner of Ala, between Huntsville and Chattanooga. It's almost impossible anymore to find unimproved land for under $15k/acre around here, and I'm in a REDI (Rural Economic Development Intiative; ie poor) County, with bad schools. Go north, south, east, or west, and except NW, the county is going to be better off, and it's still crazy expensive. 5 acres and a 10 year old double wide, on a dirt road, could easily be $300k... Same money elsewhere, might be a site build home on 20 acres.

Just within 3 or 4 miles of me. I'm seeing a Rapidly growing trend of people buying (I assume?, maybe they are squatting?) property, dropping off a shed or a very rough travel trailer, and living there without water/sewer/power... I dont mean 2 or 3 places like that, I'm talking about 50+ lots like that scattered around.

Also, even in my county, through work, I've seen a lot of pretty undersiderable properties getting built on lately, 2.5 acres, and most of it nasty swamp on a good day, inaccessible on a bad day.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #386  
I raised all my prices on all my customers this year (I also raised most of them last year).

I wonder if some of my Customers who are firmly implanted on the other side of the aisle from me are beginning to realize that mowing prices are part of all the inflation we are now paying?

I feel like a lot of my customers don’t know that if fuel, oil, insurance, parts and service go higher on my end, that their prices aren’t going higher, too?

You’re dammed right they’re going higher.….I am not eating those higher input prices, either! YOU are!

I sent all my contracts out with higher prices and all came back signed with no complaining. Guess I didnt raise them enough?
My best friend (automotive shop owner) always said, "if they're not kicking gravel across the parking lot when they leave, you didn't charge them enough")

Ironically, he was the guy who just couldn't take his own advice.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor
Prolly more like 3,000 with the open borders and all that other “constitutionally allowed” stuff.
We might be shocked if we knew actual numbers.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #388  
Heck didn't they just have about 1000 bust through the razer wire fence just recently and they let them all stay?

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #389  
Heck didn't they just have about 1000 bust through the barbwire fence just recently and they let them all stay?

Yeah, with another 9 million over the last 3+ years.

Nothing to worry about….its not like one of them will kill your college age daughter or anything. :oops:

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #390  
HD I had edited my post from barbwire to razer wire, but they don't care what it is . . .